• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why we never steal others images

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ck=true Am I mean bastard or did this seller deserve it for stealing my picture? Ok, I am a mean bastard AND the seller deserved it. ...did not even bother to steal it to her computer and edit it so as not to have my website in the properties.

aybojs

Reaction score
I think you're being way too nice. I would go all out and find both some incredibly disgusting pictures and add some super offensive text in bright red letters, but that's my twisted sense of vengeance/humor.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't - i have 20 oxxford auctions up using that picture. Any 44L's out there? Got yer suits.

...this is what happens when you mix Chuck, 2 bourbons and a long day... I get in touch with my 'inner a-hole'

dorian

Reaction score
hehehe.... I, too, seem to find myself creating a little trouble after two bourbons. Especially when poured for lunch.
wink.gif

kidkim2

Reaction score
Hey, Chuck. What about us 44XLs? We chopped liver?

Mike

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An absolute fool that SBTracy. Chuck, whats the deal on the buttons on that Tracy auction? You post that an "Oxxford Must" (I saw it on the photo
smile.gif
at SBTracy ) is the Kissing buttons yet the sportjacket on that auction has buttons on the sleeve that look like they were sewn on by a Child with ADD. JJF

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a case of "I don't need to take my new jacket to the tailor, the girl at the dry cleaners does alterations".

...My favorite customer comment on Oxxford "The alterations lady at the dry cleaner says this suit is no good, the sleeves pucker at the shoulder because it must have been drycleaned wrong and the shoulder is smaller than the sleeve opening, i want a refund"

Sigh.

I think some folks will be reluctant to borrow my images without asking in the future :)

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chuck, YOU ARE THE MAN. That is the best thing I have seen in a long, long time. It's given me an idea Â
devil.gif
From now on, when people steal my auctions, instead of sending a nasty email (never works) I've got to figure out a way to "Chuckinate" them Â
smile.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is in fact a tried and true way of dealing with image leechers. This is also a reason why we do not leech other people's images. This doesn't work if the person had copied and saved your image on his own hard drive space, but if he remotely links to it without your consent ("leeching" your bandwidth as a result) you are free to replace the image with something more... inappropriate.
smile.gif
Edit: Here's my submission
Oxxfordlol.jpg
(If you want to use this, you'll have to rename the picture.)

vero_group

Reaction score
I guess I'm missing something here. What is so funny about the ebay auction? The pictures look "normal" to me.

re: leeching -- I used to "swap out" photos when I caught people stealing my photos. I'd put up nekkid lady photos on their auctions and then report them to eBay, who would then terminate the auction and warn the seller for showing nekkid lady photos in the men's clothing section.

It worked well for me.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I changed it back - I had put the text that Alias kept about
"If this is not a Sartorialsolutions ad then I am a thief and you should not bid."

...But I relented, seller was very apologetic and feeds four kids with her ebay business.

I'm a prick, not that much of a prick :) so I took it back out and she promised never to use one of my images without permission/credit.

...I try to be mean but just can't pull it off too well.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
darn those kids and their constant eating...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Alias, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your version. The Oxxford Master Cutters picture just cracks me up. Good to have your fun Chuck. And it's good to be nice to ebay moms, too. Especially when they're contrite. But it was really funny (and deserved&#33
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads