1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes slim fit polo shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dmax, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

With summer coming it's time to add some short sleeve shirts and polos to my warddrobe. Anyone has any suggestions on slim fit polos or short sleeve shirts? I am not that slim but I just hate the blousy waists on standard RL polos and such. Besides I don't like logos.

I have a couple of relatively slim polos from American Apparel but their quality is not that great. Their white polo started to pile after only a couple of washes.

Dimitry

2. drake

drake Senior member

J. Crew has some decent slim fit ones, plus no logo.

3. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

Ralph Lauren Purple Label has some of the nicest ones. The cut is relatively slim and the length is just about hip-level. The material is a superlative pique that has a fine hand and a faint lustre.

4. wallateer

wallateer Well-Known Member

You can get Ralph Lauren Custom Fit polo's with your initials instead of the pony logo, if you prefer. Plus, there's a coupon for polo.com starting on April 6th-April 16th giving 30% off (coupon: SPRING2006).

Peter

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I personally wear RL Custom-Fit Polo's. They are slimmer than the RLPL Custom-Fit Polo's and cost A LOT less.

Jon.

6. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

I did buy my friend a gift certificate for two of these polos for his birthday a couple of weeks ago. He likes monograms while I do not. It looks like you have to get either a monogram or the horsey on your chest if you want a slim fit RL polo.

7. mkk

mkk Senior member

BB slim fit.

8. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I'd go with J Crew. Generally excellent color choices (though less so with the slim fits, which they seem to be experimenting with, this season; they're online only), no logos, and pretty good prices.

10. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

American Apparel does them, but they're a 50/50 poly/cotton blend. I'd buy one otherwise.

11. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I really like the regular slim fit RL polos if you want something slim fitting.[​IMG]

12. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Armani Exchange also carries some.

13. juliank

juliank Senior member

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

Lands' End Canvas Polos Slim and very good quality. I have them in most colors and wear them all the time. Just make sure to size down. I'm borderline 36/38 size jacket and I wear an S in LE Canvas. They actually look on me like they do on that model, so no pinning or photoshop bullshit going on.

15. sidamo

sidamo Well-Known Member

A few of Original Penguin's cotton polos are slim fitting. I think they call it heritage slim fit vs their classic fit. I bought two a few years ago from Marshall's and really liked them (I had to buy a size up then my normal wear).

However mostly all Original Penguin has a logo.

I do not mind some logos, if-and-only-if the logo is on a polo. I personally like the Penguin logo.

[​IMG]

16. GBear

GBear Senior member

I am getting a couple Sunspel polos soon. I will update you.

17. juliank

juliank Senior member

Thanks for the replies but I am specifically looking for polos that have that line on the collar.

18. sidamo

sidamo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies but I am specifically looking for polos that have that line on the collar.

Not to keep bringing up Original Penguin - but they use a lot of lines placed similiar to that.

http://www.originalpenguin.com/invt/1dck0065op

19. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Does anyone know where to get a similar slim fit golf polo with that mesh material that is in this photo ? Says it's a Gant, but their website does not show this polo.

http://www.gq.com/images/style/2011/...in-chatwin.jpg

Banana Republic does some. Just buy a size smaller than you think you'd be.

20. juliank

juliank Senior member

Ok, so I just browsed the RLPL ones and I am in love. Damn, why does my taste always have to veer towards the expensive ? The penguin ones are quite nice and they do have the lines on the collar but I cannot hang with logos on my clothing.