• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JCachot

Reaction score
Another option is to have a made-to-measure / custom polo shirt made. I was recently
in London as saw some lovely examples in the Archer Adams shop in Marylebone.

What was really interesting was that there were a lot of collar options for the polo (along
with loads of colors). In other words, a polo with a proper shirt style collar looks much
better under a jacket than the usual floppy ones on most brands. You can also choose
many different pocket options, button options and contrasting fabric options.

I ended up ordering two polo shirts and can't wait to get them in three weeks!

Diversification

Reaction score

i1m very sorry if I have misunderstood, but wouldn't a slim fit polo be smaller in the waist compared to the chest? After contacting Kent Wang, I understood that the chest and waist has the same width. Since I have no waistline at all and use alot of mye time in the gym, I need a polo which have a drop from chest to waist. LE, Kent Wang, J. Crew , etc. doesn't seem to offer this, and I feel TailorStore will be to much hit and miss with the fabric.

I find the above observation somewhat troubling. Although I'm by no means some muscle bound hulk, I would still prefer the option of a polo that displays the drop from my chest to my waist. Can anyone comment on Christian's post regarding the unavailability of such polos? In other words, is his assessment accurate?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't polos made with material that gives?

But the idea of "slim fit" is a bit of a strange one. What fits closely to me might not you. Try the damn thing on.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My polos are already the slimmest on the market. I think you have to be drop 10" or greater (e.g. 38" chest with 28" waist) to justify having a smaller waist on your polo than the chest. A polo doesn't wear the same as a suit jacket. Just try it with a polo that you own, pin it down to the measurements you think it should be and then compare.

In any case, I also offer made-to-measure polos if my RTW sizes don't fit you perfectly.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will try the KW polos closer to summer. I have a 9-10" drop and the custom fit from PRL looks a little weird since I get a "skirt" on my back.

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aren't polos made with material that gives?
But the idea of "slim fit" is a bit of a strange one. What fits closely to me might not you. Try the damn thing on.
Right. Slim fit may still differ from one person to another. It's not a one size fits all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads