• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes great cords?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimal
Unfortunately, boot cut and no brown.

One problem with the STP/loropiana cords is that the cut is not a streetwear cut, which I characterize as being more like jeans: straight leg, low-to-medium rise, fine wale, and positively NO pleats of any kind.

I realize this sounds a little particular. But you made me this way, so live with it!

The Dior Homme ones look *perfect*. Not the right color, and insane $, but I may have to try them on and see if they hook me.

I know you asked not to mention APC, but did you ask factorypeople what the length is on the new std cords?
these seem to fit your needs pretty well...
https://factorypeople.com/index.php?...87b1e377a45bbb
pant3.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimal

One problem with the STP/loropiana cords is that the cut is not a streetwear cut, which I characterize as being more like jeans: straight leg, low-to-medium rise, fine wale, and positively NO pleats of any kind.

dude, you just described the Barry Bricken cords that i have (purchased from STP). you'd be really surprised. the cut is definitely not the old man cut that you're thinking of. they could be incorporated into any streetwear ensemble.

the ones i have are a tan/khaki, fine wale, flat front, medium rise. and the fabric just feels really nice, much better than you'd get at a Gap, BR, or J. Crew.

-Jeff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love burgundy cords myself. I can't remember for the life of me if the paul smith ones I saw at co-op were a chocolate or burgundy but the cut was perfect on the rack. I didn't try them on b/c 300 was more than I'd spend but they were a nice straight leg with mid rise.

minimal

Reaction score
OK, APC cords used to be in their own cut, I didnt' realize they made a version of the New Standards in corduroy. I'll go there this weekend.

And STP: I'll check it out immediately. I based my previous remarks on the multitude of catalogs I get from them, clearly incorrect.

Thanks very much, I am properly schooled.

ironskulls

Reaction score
I suggest that you go into any thrift store in the country and buy a pair of the vintage Levi's white tab cords. They're perfect, they're everywhere and they'll run you about $5.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ironskulls
I suggest that you go into any thrift store in the country and buy a pair of the vintage Levi's white tab cords. They're perfect, they're everywhere and they'll run you about $5.

Or the current Levi's cord jeans for ~$40...

quadraphony

Reaction score
Any recommendations on medium-wide wale cords in a more modern (mostly)straight cut?...something without a ridiculously high rise or quadruple pleating?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These is a pic of me with the Paul Smith cords, they are fairly thin wale and I rather like them.

psif1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads