• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskey glasses

PAKNOWLES63

Reaction score
anyone have recommendations on good quality whiskey glasses. Maybe high ball glasses too. Bought a set of Bormolli that seemed nice years ago. But over the years many have broke and Ove only a few left. and I’m ready to reinvest in some good ones. Since so many of you have good taste, I’d love to hear what you think.

Ralph Lauren had some nice ones way back.

Also —
Never a fan of the decanter. Though they look cool. I just have bottles out on the bar. And old battered ice bucket but never got into all the assorted props. Which I always found a little superfluous dare I say it twee.

Thoughts? Thanks fellas.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone have recommendations on good quality whiskey glasses. Maybe high ball glasses too. Bought a set of Bormolli that seemed nice years ago. But over the years many have broke and Ove only a few left. and I’m ready to reinvest in some good ones. Since so many of you have good taste, I’d love to hear what you think.

Also —
Never a fan of the decanter. Though they look cool. I just have bottles out on the bar. And old battered ice bucket but never got into all the assorted props. Which I always found a little superfluous dare I say it twee.

Thoughts? Thanks fellas.

I have these, and happy with them. They aren't expensive at all, but they do their work well.

PAKNOWLES63

Reaction score
A belated thank you! Definitely streamlined! I like them. I have some ridiculous Baccarat wine and champagne glasses and I’m afraid to see how much whiskey glasses would be. I’m looking for something baroque and substantial!

Also thinking of some nice brandy glasses as well. But these days, a glass of brandy after dinner and it’s “don’t make any plans!”

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A belated thank you! Definitely streamlined! I like them. I have some ridiculous Baccarat wine and champagne glasses and I’m afraid to see how much whiskey glasses would be. I’m looking for something baroque and substantial!

Also thinking of some nice brandy glasses as well. But these days, a glass of brandy after dinner and it’s “don’t make any plans!”

set of four, 40 bucks. Hard to beat that..

ctp120

Reaction score
IMG_7451.jpeg

I have several different sets, but my favorites are these vintage crystal “Femmes,” by Lalique. You can often find them on eBay/1stdibs/chairish/TRR/etc. price is highly variable, often based on condition.

sajesak

Reaction score

Also —
Never a fan of the decanter. Though they look cool. I just have bottles out on the bar. And old battered ice bucket but never got into all the assorted props. Which I always found a little superfluous dare I say it twee Drainage Repair Near Seattle.

Thoughts? Thanks fellas.
My brother's birthday is coming up and absolutely loves his scotch, I would love to buy him a couple glasses and am interested as to what you all could suggest. Anything decent under £100 would be great. But I signed up here to ask you all, as you all know best. Point me in the right direction! Thanks guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads