• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which shirt? Borrelli? Barba? Attolini? Truzzi? Other?

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Thanks again all. I'm going to try a couple of options and see what works out best. All the comments on the fit of the relevant brands were gratefully received.

Cheers,

TB

Wicky

Reaction score
Personally I would recommend Finamore (also available at Ian's), which is in my view the slimmest fitting.

harrycaul

Reaction score
Finamore is more narrow in the shoulders, as indicated by the measurements given at shopthefinest, and verified by comparing it to a barba and a truzzi, all ordered from there. Consequently, souldn't move very well and the shoulder seams were riding high up on the shoulder. (There are some other threads that mention the finamore fit). I kept the barba and truzzi; returning the finamore for credit was not a problem. The best advice is to measure a shirt that feels and looks like a good fit and compare to the shopthefinest measurements. I am also a 16.5/35 and the truzzi fit the best though I'm slimmer than you at ~35 waist. Check the darting specs; a barba I bought fits very slim w/ darts. Also note that the sleeves on the current shopthefinest truzzi and barba stock are mostly 37 though I haven't checked in the past couple weeks.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I like my Truzzi shirts a lot. They're trim but not super skinny.

In terms of shopping, ian at Shopthefinest is great, and his measurements are extremely accurate. Lance at Virtualclotheshorse is also great. If you email him about a specific shirt, he'll give you the measurements. Both of these guys are true gentlemen. Lance may have the edge, but only because his wife makes prize winning goat cheese.

STP is very variable. I think that Lorenzini at 199 is overpriced. They're great conservative shirts and can be found NWT on ebay for much less. Just check the measurements before you buy. Isaia shirts are all over the map. Some are quite nice; others are quite indifferent.

Happy shopping!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 5' 6", have a 14.5" collar, 36" chest and 34" waist. I am also learning about shirts from SF.

I just bought a Finamore shirt from shopthefinest.com and it fits great. What others would you recommend for my body type? I like slimmer fit and am looking for dress and/or casuals. Is it okay for a dress shirt to be slimfit?

I am looking for good quality, a little fashion-forward "youthful" shirts...
smile.gif

Thanks!

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Unless you have some weight around belly, don't buy North American store labeled Borrelli (i.e NM) shirts as they fit like tent. Sadly, most Borrelli shirts that are available online are those baggy fitted ones. Barba shirts fit more slim in general, but they are not as soft as Borrelli shirts, IMO.

I was talking to a sales rep at NM yesterday and asked him the fit of Borrelli shirts, I told him I like them slimmer, and he said the in house tailor can just take them in. Has anyone had this done? is it worth it to get a borrelli at a discount then have it taken in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics