• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find small-sized dress socks?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't make a thread about something like this, but I've read every thread on the forum about this and have not found a good source yet for:

Socks sized for a US 7
Cotton
OTC and stays up well
Available in more than just solid colors

Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks.

OlSarge

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA caters to a very large Asian population. They carry a lot of things in smaller mens' sizes. Also there is this.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forum affiliate like A Suitable Wardrobe has sized OTC cotton socks in patterns.

While the smallest size he carries fits US 8-9, you can hot wash and machine dry the socks to have it shrink down to your size 7 feet.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I normally wouldn't make a thread about something like this, but I've read every thread on the forum about this and have not found a good source yet for:
Socks sized for a US 7
Cotton
OTC and stays up well
Available in more than just solid colors
Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks.

Jimmy Au was at the Style Fourm 10th Anniversary Event.
Check them out.

http://www.jimmyaus.com/jimmyaus/

eMacPaul

Reaction score
I'm also a size 7, and have been happy with some socks I've gotten from http://www.viccel.com which also has a 20% discount for coming from SF.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I've checked the BB website and they have mostly merino socks. The ones I looked at were all one-size.

A Suitable Wardrobe does have small sized socks, but they're mostly solids and solid-like patterns. $35 is also really pricy for socks.

I was actually at the anniversary event and talked to one of the guys at Jimmy Au's (but not about socks). The socks section on their website is "Coming Soon."

I've gotten some Viccel socks in the past before. The custom sizing is nice, but solids and ribbed patterns are too boring for me. Hopefully they'll add some more variety in the future.

I think the least important requirement that I have is that it's sized 7. As long as it fits and stays up, it doesn't really matter to me what size it's marked at. The main patterns I'm looking for are dark-colored argyles and possibly pindots.
I've tried these Marcoliani argyles from Howard Yount but they do not stay up at all. Surprisingly, the best socks I've found so far are certain pairs of Target socks that there was a thread about a while ago. Even after several washes, they've retained their structure and elasticity. Strangely, not all of the pairs I bought from Target have stayed in good condition.

Last edited:

hst

Reaction score

I've tried these Marcoliani argyles from Howard Yount but they do not stay up at all. Surprisingly, the best socks I've found so far are certain pairs of Target socks that there was a thread about a while ago. Even after several washes, they've retained their structure and elasticity. Strangely, not all of the pairs I bought from Target have stayed in good condition.

Strange...I have good experiences with the Macroliani argyles cotton OTC. In fact, I am wearing them now, and they do stay up quite nicely.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have found exactly what I'm looking for:

Ben Silver Cotton Dress socks

Sized for 7-8
All OTC
Interesting but not crazy patterns
Pricy, but I'm willing to pay it if it's exactly what I want.

The only question is, how well do they stay up after washing? Anyone have any experience?

Poindexter

Reaction score

I may have found exactly what I'm looking for:
Ben Silver Cotton Dress socks
Sized for 7-8
All OTC
Interesting but not crazy patterns
Pricy, but I'm willing to pay it if it's exactly what I want.
The only question is, how well do they stay up after washing? Anyone have any experience?

At forty bucks a pop for cotton socks, they should keep you from falling down.

Poindexter

Reaction score
I wear a 7. Maybe a 6½, depends on the brand.

I get Goldtoe from the usual suspects. They're a little thicker, more sockish. Maybe just a little big, but I can adjust them on me pins so they act rite. Stay up really well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads