• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are the 38regs out there?

tsloop

Reaction score
im a 38 reg but the link isnt working, what am I missing out on?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW:  Yes, I know that the retail from Bijan is 3 times what a 'mere' Kiton would be but somehow he gets his price :)
Carlo; I'm curious to how the styling of the Bijan suit is different from an ordinary Kiton? I'm not that familiar with either brand.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - if you do a search on Kiton here ont he forum you'll find voluminous data.  Bijan (google him) has a 'by invitation only' boutique on Rodeo where customers allegedly spend 100k per visit.  His stuff is made for him by Kiton and stylewise I don't really see any differences in cut, I think he selects different fabrics, buttons and has them put in his embroidered lining instead of Kitons and his label and then sells it for 3-5 times what it would cost if you bought a Kiton without his name in it.  Yeah... crazy i know but some people I suppose do not care about price, they want exclusivity.

LOL... either way at a grand it is unbeatable.  Wish they were 44r's for my fat arse.

Now how did you get to that many posts without hearing about Kiton or are you just toying with me to see if I have a clue?? :)

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now how did you get to that many posts without hearing about Kiton or are you just toying with me to see if I have a clue?? :)
I'm very familiar with the brands Kiton and Bijan (all due to the reading of this forum), however I don't have enough first hand knowledge about the intracacies of each suit.

I was asking because since Kiton is extremely high quality in all areas (hand stitched button holes, lapel stitching, horn buttons, fine fabrics, outstanding construction), I was wondering what might warrent the 3x price difference from Bijan; could it be even better quality? I didn't think that was possible, and your previous response confirmed that. It's all about exclusivity I guess... It's funny that even the styling is the same.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL
Mike, it is what some call the Perrier effect - charge way too much and people feel special. The bijan's are no better IMHO but on the fabrics these two have and that kind of handwork it's like deciding whether Halle Berry looks better from the left or right in that skintight leather Catwoman suit (Not Kiton, but screw it - works for me).

I admire the cajones of Bijan, I think if you asked him why his customers pay 20 grand for a suit he'd probably say "Because i told them to".

His are bigger than mine, I'll give'm that :)

...On the other hand my 'retail space' is 1000 SQFT of my house since my business is online, I'm guessin his real estate ain't cheap. A friend knows some folks in his organization and says he's a great guy and hops a plane to run wherever his clients need him. I guess if you had a billion in the bank and suddenly needed a great suit the price would be kinda irrelevant - 20k would be a rounding error in your checkbook.

Sigh... I love the good stuff as much as anyone but I I'm wearing a Gap tee-shirt right now while working on this fall's line of ties :) Thank God I don't take life seriously - working with swatches in a suit is a bigtime nono unless you are heavily invested in lint brushes :)

Hey Mike - if I tell you that you need an appointment can I charge you $500/tie? LOL, better yet - holler when you are in Dallas and I'll sell you one regular price and buy you a beer instead :)

chuck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads