Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where are the 38regs out there?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Aug 21, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Every time I'm on ebay, some of the best deals seem to be for 38 reg/ 38 shorts. Are there any on the forum, because you're missing some super deals. Check this one: http://search.ebay.com/hickey_....Zsearch

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Links not workin for me

3. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

im a 38 reg but the link isnt working, what am I missing out on?

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It's a brown windowpane three buttoned Oxxford with a fairly high stance.

Quite nice though.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I'm a 38r. I always find deals on stuff that is 44 or 44L or something.

6. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Carlo; I'm curious to how the styling of the Bijan suit is different from an ordinary Kiton? I'm not that familiar with either brand.

8. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Mike - if you do a search on Kiton here ont he forum you'll find voluminous data.  Bijan (google him) has a 'by invitation only' boutique on Rodeo where customers allegedly spend 100k per visit.  His stuff is made for him by Kiton and stylewise I don't really see any differences in cut, I think he selects different fabrics, buttons and has them put in his embroidered lining instead of Kitons and his label and then sells it for 3-5 times what it would cost if you bought a Kiton without his name in it.  Yeah... crazy i know but some people I suppose do not care about price, they want exclusivity.

LOL... either way at a grand it is unbeatable.  Wish they were 44r's for my fat arse.

Now how did you get to that many posts without hearing about Kiton or are you just toying with me to see if I have a clue?? :)

9. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I'm very familiar with the brands Kiton and Bijan (all due to the reading of this forum), however I don't have enough first hand knowledge about the intracacies of each suit.

I was asking because since Kiton is extremely high quality in all areas (hand stitched button holes, lapel stitching, horn buttons, fine fabrics, outstanding construction), I was wondering what might warrent the 3x price difference from Bijan; could it be even better quality? I didn't think that was possible, and your previous response confirmed that. It's all about exclusivity I guess... It's funny that even the styling is the same.

10. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

LOL
    Mike, it is what some call the Perrier effect - charge way too much and people feel special. The bijan's are no better IMHO but on the fabrics these two have and that kind of handwork it's like deciding whether Halle Berry looks better from the left or right in that skintight leather Catwoman suit (Not Kiton, but screw it - works for me).

I admire the cajones of Bijan, I think if you asked him why his customers pay 20 grand for a suit he'd probably say "Because i told them to".

His are bigger than mine, I'll give'm that :)

...On the other hand my 'retail space' is 1000 SQFT of my house since my business is online, I'm guessin his real estate ain't cheap. A friend knows some folks in his organization and says he's a great guy and hops a plane to run wherever his clients need him. I guess if you had a billion in the bank and suddenly needed a great suit the price would be kinda irrelevant - 20k would be a rounding error in your checkbook.

Sigh... I love the good stuff as much as anyone but I I'm wearing a Gap tee-shirt right now while working on this fall's line of ties :) Thank God I don't take life seriously - working with swatches in a suit is a bigtime nono unless you are heavily invested in lint brushes :)

Hey Mike - if I tell you that you need an appointment can I charge you $500/tie? LOL, better yet - holler when you are in Dallas and I'll sell you one regular price and buy you a beer instead :)

chuck