• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I received and sent back the majority of items that I took advantage of during their 40 + 40 glitch that occurred serendeipitously while I was online after midnight on 5/27 when they switched promos to the 40% sale. While I've bought a lot of RLBL over the years, I'm thinking this change to merge RLBL and RLPL might not be a bad thing. The suits, sport shirts, etc. I returned were all RLBL because the quality was just lacking this time around for me. That said, the RLPL trousers and polo I kept were outstanding. I should have bought more of the RLPL when I had that brief window. :brick:

Really???

White Lotus

Reaction score
Really???
Yea there was a 40+40 sale. It was definitely a glitch. it happened 2 weeks ago on thursday early in the morning 4am. It was stopped but then the glitch went on again at midnight i believe. I hope it happens again. Fingers crossed. hahaha

Last edited:

ElementHU

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, which Anthony suits did you try that you thought weren't particularly great?

One was the pindot and the other was the charcoal plaid. I had a chance to feel the charcoal plaid at the RL store before mine arrived so I wasn't that surprised when I didn't like the feel of it. Beyond that, it just didn't seem to have the same drape/fit I've had in the past with Anthony.

ElementHU

Reaction score

Yea there was a 40+40 sale. It was definitely a glitch. it happened 2 weeks ago on thursday early in the morning 4am. It was stopped but then the glitch went on again at midnight i believe. I hope it happens again. Fingers crossed. hahaha

Yeah in hindsight I probably should have loaded up on more RLPL for the heck of it, but I wasn't really prepared when it happened. I was actually in the process of making a purchase with the previous discount code when literally all the new sale for RLBL/RLPL lit up with 40% so I put an item in my cart and lo and behold...40+40. Timing is everything. :slayer:

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One was the pindot and the other was the charcoal plaid. I had a chance to feel the charcoal plaid at the RL store before mine arrived so I wasn't that surprised when I didn't like the feel of it. Beyond that, it just didn't seem to have the same drape/fit I've had in the past with Anthony.

Interesting. I was eyeing the plaid for when the next markdown hit (or the glitch returned) but may have to reconsider. A pity as I love the pattern and in general prefer peak lapel suits. That double breasted looked nice too but pretty sure my size was gone.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
X Post: I think this qualifies as the sale of the year:

G&Gs for RL for $150 US (on Clearance) at the Harry Rosen outlet! Picked a pair of Garricks!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got the summer sale email, wasn't really interested but went browsing anyway. Of course, went to the shoes first with nothing particular in mind and not even intending to buy anything...

Then I see this, which looks like a C&J Northcote, minus the pull tab, but in classic Islay scotch grain for $359. Some research shows that common wisdom is that they are indeed made by C&J (although Lauren says made in Italy).

I've always wanted some Islay but couldn't find the right deal, so I'm taking a spin on these as a poor man's alternative. At least worth a try on.

I'm actually really, really surprised these haven't gotten more play around here and in the C&J thread.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those look like the ones I saw in store. They're made in Italy.
Still a decent buy at $359.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the in-store sales usually better than the online sales?
I am travelling to London in a few weeks, and I am wondering if it's worth taking a trip to one of the shops in town.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I got the summer sale email, wasn't really interested but went browsing anyway. Of course, went to the shoes first with nothing particular in mind and not even intending to buy anything...

Then I see this, which looks like a C&J Northcote, minus the pull tab, but in classic Islay scotch grain for $359. Some research shows that common wisdom is that they are indeed made by C&J (although Lauren says made in Italy).

I've always wanted some Islay but couldn't find the right deal, so I'm taking a spin on these as a poor man's alternative. At least worth a try on.

I'm actually really, really surprised these haven't gotten more play around here and in the C&J thread.

How are the boots? Welted? Good leather? Give us deetz!

Ode4Minerva

Reaction score
I've been buying RLPL for about 10 years now but mostly off-the-rack/ready to wear offerings. Apart from the hit or miss on their dress shirts and cashmeres, I've been fairly happy with the purchases.

Recently I decided to do MTM trousers. I wanted everything about the Madison fit but with the slightly more tapered legs of the Harrison fit. I did two pants to start. I've come back from a second fitting since the pants supposedly came back from Italy and I am discouraged.

I know the fabrics are supposed to be stellar, but the finished product so far is unworthy of the RLPL name and the $1K+ price point per pants. I think I could have done far better with a ready to wear altered to my specifications. I'm very disappointed so far.

Would you please share your experience with the RLPL MTM? How have you handled the shoddy end-product?

Thanks

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been buying RLPL for about 10 years now but mostly off-the-rack/ready to wear offerings. Apart from the hit or miss on their dress shirts and cashmeres, I've been fairly happy with the purchases.

Recently I decided to do MTM trousers. I wanted everything about the Madison fit but with the slightly more tapered legs of the Harrison fit. I did two pants to start. I've come back from a second fitting since the pants supposedly came back from Italy and I am discouraged.

I know the fabrics are supposed to be stellar, but the finished product so far is unworthy of the RLPL name and the $1K+ price point per pants. I think I could have done far better with a ready to wear altered to my specifications. I'm very disappointed so far.

Would you please share your experience with the RLPL MTM? How have you handled the shoddy end-product?

Thanks
well, complain then.., $1k for trouser is pretty high..., what's wrong with it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads