• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleven

Reaction score
LeJouvre it was a pleasure and look forward to many more conversations ;]

Liquidus I can handle orders and would provide the best service I could; I know it would lack the personal experience you would get in store but I would love to help you and any others for that matter.

I don't want to market myself, unless the Admin are OK with me doing so, but I will PM you my work email for future reference.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few days late unfortunately but there is a sale the day after Fathers Day and some 60% winter clearance apparently online as of now.
do you know if the Winter items currently on sale (it seems like it keeps popping back and forth) will be part of the Mid-year and/or Father's day sale(s) ? Thank You...

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard shipping is ALWAYS FREE if you simply call a store and submit the order through a SA. I'll try to keep you gentlemen updated with promotions and such when/if I get provided them through my work email.
But, yes a lot of sizes are selling out already; I couldn't get a 16h33 or 16/34 today in some of our brookscool slim shirts today...

This is really awesome news!

BB shipping rates get a little out of hand as the overall cost of the purchase increases.

Sleven

Reaction score
Online could be a visual guide but going through a store helps in so many more ways than one, especially for the SA you work with. I always tell clients if they see something their interested allow me to handle it to save them money and help me - - WIN WIN

If you don't have a SA then please feel free to PM me.

ThanksSF, after speaking with my VM, he stated that those winter sales are usually at the last clearance with the biggest % off they would receive. The Fathers Day Sale is for current season pieces but we usually throw in other drops on pieces....usually.

StayClassic12

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I bought a boys suit from Brooks Brothers since I'm still growing and I couldn't find another decently priced suit in my size (34S).

Unfortunately, the belt loops on the pants are too small and none of my belts fit. If I bring it to the store tailor, would they be able to replace them with loops that fit standard belt sizes? How much would it cost?

Also, does anyone know how much the store tailor charges for basic alterations, such as hemming the pants and getting the waist of the jacket taken in?

Thanks a lot SF!

dasai

Reaction score

Hey everyone,
I bought a boys suit from Brooks Brothers since I'm still growing and I couldn't find another decently priced suit in my size (34S).
Unfortunately, the belt loops on the pants are too small and none of my belts fit. If I bring it to the store tailor, would they be able to replace them with loops that fit standard belt sizes? How much would it cost?
Also, does anyone know how much the store tailor charges for basic alterations, such as hemming the pants and getting the waist of the jacket taken in?
Thanks a lot SF!

How wide are your belts? Men's dress belts are typically no more than one-and-a-quarter inches or so; belts wider than that are more casual.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Thanks a lot SF!

It is probably cheaper to use a thinner belt, but all the things you want done to your suit can certainly be done by a tailor, whether in-store or not.

Just make certain the person who does work on the suit really does know what they are doing and that they are not some awful hacks masquerading as tailors.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About making the belt loops bigger ... You may need extra fabric; belt loops may not have enough allowance to lengthen them just by stitch detaching them and re-stitching.

This is one of several reasons to retain any waste fabric from alterations. Whenever you have trousers shortened, especially suit trousers, or any alteration the removes fabric, ask the tailor to give you the extra fabric that he removed! Belt loops are one of several uses for this extra fabric. Keep the spare cloth in a safe place with the extra buttons. You may never need it. But when a future repair or alteration comes along, you may be glad to have a bit of extra fabrid.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently eyeing a Regent (40S) or Fitzgerald (41S) fit blazer/sport coat.

When is the next sale again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads