1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

buy :)

yes

afaik, cordovans items are excluded during the upcoming sales...

2. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

This is still made by C&J, right? I know they have a mix of dainite and leather soles atm.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Keep in mind that they are on a terrible last, IMO. The 240 is super uncomfortable. YMMV.

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I had a tough time fitting the 240 also, but eventually I found something. It is an odd one though. I usually take a 9.5 D or E. On this last, I take a 9.5C, and I never take a narrow. I was only able to do this because I went to the store in-person, and the salesman had me try like 4 different sizes.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  5. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Anyone have thoughts on the gabardine trousers? I don't have any dress trousers right now, so I was thinking about picking up two pairs during the sale. Maybe one mid gray, one light gray. They come to about $80 each with all the discounts. I'm just not sure if I should go with gabardine -- seems like SF prefers flannels.

6. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I have a pair of gaberdine Madison's in Navy, that I picked up from an outlet once. I think I paid about $70, and feel like $80 is a good price to pay for them.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I have several pairs of the BB gabardines, and they're a good value at $80. Flannel pants are a nice seasonal piece, but I wear my wool slacks day in and day out all year long.

8. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

I recently bought a pair of mid-grey BB Madison gaberdine trousers for $70 at Marshalls. They are currently at the tailors for minor alterations, but they seem to be decent for the price. I don't think I would ever dream of paying the full ticketed price for them, though ($195 CDN).

9. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Cross-posting from the Alden thread as this is BB related -

Quick question for owners of the BB unlined penny - will they stretch at all? I purchased TTS but down 1 width, 12C, and they are fine in the length and in the heel but tight across the strap. They feel like they've stretched a touch in the five minutes that I've worn them but want to make sure before I return and backorder an 11.5D. Thanks!

10. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Has anyone heard from Sleven recently? I emailed him on Monday and havn't heard back.

11. brokencycle

Are there any Brooks Buys on pants besides the Madison ones? Are there other fits/fabrics that are normally included in those? I'm looking to stack with the corporate sale.

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

have you looked on the site? several regent fits are showing up as buy 2 for xxx
    i have two pairs of regent fit wool pants + some shoes in my shopping cart, eagerly waiting for the corporate discount to go live

13. brokencycle

Yeah. I was thinking more like flannels or if they ever do it for the mohair blends or linen blends, but I could use a couple pair of gaberdine.

14. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

15. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Yep. Assuming your corporate membership is associated with your account for the site, you won't see the deductions until right before you submit your order and complete the checkout process.

16. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

So i'm not a corporate member - when is the next sale or what can i do to get some discounts on ESF shirts?!

17. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I wish that the 30% would be eligible on sale merchandise.

Theres a double breasted overcoat and some milano fit chinos on sale that I would definitely kop

18. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

okay... BB corporate membership has got to be the most backwards deal ever...
    i've moved since signing up for the membership
    it won't let me change my address online ... which means none of my credit cards will go through because they have the new address while my BB online account will not let me enter a different shipping or billing address
    w...t....f....
    i guess i need to wait til the morning to resolve this

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

You guys could just call and order, they'll apply discount to everything, including Cordovan / EG everytime I've asked during a corporate sale like this

ESF isn't that slim, just a standard slim fit shirt by SF standards. I'm fat and ESF doesn't fit particularly tight for me, drop 6 standard for me, 40 chest, 34 waist

20. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

What size neck are you wearing in ESF? 15.5?