1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think their non-iron is fantastic and have not found any other 100% cotton shirts in the same price range that comes out as wrinkle fee. If I was looking at must iron shirts I might look elsewhere.

Sounds like it is more a chest issue than a drop. Either way with a drop 7 or 8 you are going to need to get the shirt taken in at the waist. I am a "true" drop 5 (38 chest and 33 waist) and the ESF still needs to get taken in at the waist. If I were to go by pant sizing I would be a drop 8.

Selection is sometimes better on these sales in my opinion, I guess because there are less people that want to buy at these prices and we don't have to only wait around for that one time a year.

From what I have read you need to get all way to the end before submitting your order before the discount shows, i.e., credit card information needs to be entered..

2. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

^thanks. Anyway to get free shipping? Its like $10-20 depending on your order

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Might finally pick up the Peal & Co perforated captoe oxfords.

Any long term comments on them?

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

2 questions:

Are the Peal Chelsea boots a rebranded AS boot? If so, what's the model name of the AS version.

The Peal double monks; are they a rebranded C&J model?

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'm a drop 7 and wear the slim fit because the chest is too tight on the extra slim fit. The extra slim fits are cut very straight and not designed for people with a more developed chest.

6. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Not sure on the first, but yes on the second if you are referring to the $648 one.

Instead of ordering online call in to a store to have a sales associate place the order for you. The downside to this is that by the time you reach an SA on Thursday your item might be sold out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. EngProf

EngProf Senior member

Are the pebble-grained Long Wingtips made by AE? Different color than the AE pebble MacNeils?

Thanks.

9. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Are those medium perforated cap toes rebranded CJs? Are these generally bench grade?

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

If you ask AE, they'll probably say that the Brooks Brothers version uses a chili grain, but the one available directly through AE is walnut grain. Having seen both side-by-side, I can say the difference is negligible. You really won't be able to know the difference other than by the insole/sock liner and the combination sole.

(I think you're talking about these: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Long-Wingtips/MH00215_____BRWN_07___D___,default,pd.html)

11. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I bought a factory 2nd pair of those from AE shoebank. They were called "Brooks MacNeil" and the color is "Chili grain".

12. shkevin

shkevin Member

13. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

will there ever be a sale better than 30% off? Im wondering if I should buy my suit now or wait it out

14. CloakedMistborn

CloakedMistborn New Member

I used the link posted a page or two back to sign up for the Corporate Membership, however, similarly to a couple others I cannot activate the membership. When I try to register for an online purchase using my membership number, it tells me that the information does not match their records. Any ideas?

15. Willin

Willin Senior member

Why would you wait out for some vague hope that there would be a sale greater than 30% at some point just to save a few more dollars? Buy it now.

16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's a good time to buy a suit now if you're buying 2 suits; you essentially get a double discount.

17. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Why are there no Fitz cut pants in the 2 for $225 deal. That's frustrating. Those are the slimmest cut pants right? Are the next level up substantially more roomy?

18. CloakedMistborn

CloakedMistborn New Member

Milano is the slimmest I believe.

19. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Milano is slimmest.

20. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Does anyone checking this thread atm own a pair of the cap toe cordovan boots? Is it better to wait for the other sale on these if applicable, or no since sizes will diminish and its worth to purchase at 30%.