• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your top 5 men's shoe style?

kofibibini

Reaction score
Hey guys, Joseph from Australia here. I'm new to styleforum and its been an amazing experience soo far. I'm looking to launch a men's shoe brand by the end of this year and will launch with 5 shoe styles. I really want to involve members from styleforum throughout my journey. Any advice,suggestion or contribution will be very much appreciated. What are your top 5 shoe styles?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full brogue cap toe Oxford shoe
Balmoral (not just an Oxford) plain cap or plain toe
Penny loafer with u-tip stitching (machine stitch)
Balmoral dress boot
Brogued Oxford laced boot
(Bonus points for width options to fit my feet)

These aren't what I would consider the essential five for any man, but they are my favorites!

nikolau

Reaction score
Full brouge derby Like vintage Florshiem Imperials or Allen Edmonds MacNeils

Chelsea work boots (the old Australia made Baxter Patrols which can be bought from the company store in Goulburn Australia over the phone or Redbacks which are also supposedly great but I don’t own a pair).

RM Williams Chelsea Boots (I consider them their own thing, rather dressy and very comfortable).

A slightly brouged cap-toe oxford in black, like the Allen Edmonds 5th Ave, should I think make the list.

Boat shoes

Honorable mention: a par of chukka boots

nikolau

Reaction score
I live in the US and really think those old Baxter Patrols are a terrific shoe that was available at a terrific price, especially with the current USD/AUD exchange rate. It’s a shame the factory in Goulburn closed.

Panama

Reaction score
Oxford toe cap
Brogue either Oxford or Derby
Loafer
Chukka boot
Leather Sneaker or Boat shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics