• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite magazines for fashion?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Necrobump because i couldn't find a thread in General chat or entertainment and didn't want to make a new one....

Couple magazine reccomendation questions:

I was thinking of getting some magazines. Mainly for something to flip through on the toilet and stuff as i know gq/details/esquire isn't exactly super respected around here. I was wondering what would be worth subscribing to out of some of the men's magazines

gq
esquire
details
mens vogue

Funny - I get those 4

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wish there was an english version of mens non-no...
i ******* love just looking at the pictures and having no idea what the articles are

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
The first issue of Mens Vogue was really good, are they still publising it and if so how has it been? I would probably like to subscribe since GQ has gone down hill fast.

It's 2nd and 3rd issue were mediocre. It has improved since then and worth a 2nd chance.

Hugo

Reaction score
I only read 10+ consistantly. I buy other magazines when I see something interesting.

WOLVES

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be negative (though i guess it is) but I've decided that the idea of the "Men's fashion magazine" in inherently a bad one. After some forays into the european and japanese options, I just can't get with a whole magazine devoted to the subject.

It almost always comes off as corny or "try to hard" and most of them are really poorly written. For example, after multiple recomendations on Superfuture, I checked out "HE". This has got to be one of the few magazines I threw in the trash straight away after reading it. Patrik Ervell Article was the only thing worth its salt.

In conclusion, I'll stick to the solid unisex magazines (Purple, Another,ID) and those that cover arts and culture as well as fashion.

**** the rest.

SoleBajan

Reaction score
Vogue Hommes (France)

L'Uomo Vogue (Italy)

ARENA HOMME + (UK)

GQ (British Edition) ever so often...

Nonn8tive

Reaction score
I like huge and gap press (for the pictures) lol ....but for actual articles and things I like ID magazine.... i tried out 10 Men but I thought it was written quite poorly.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are people getting these japanese magazines while in the states? can someone supply a web address to subscribe to such things?

Chris Benson

Reaction score
To be honest, I would have to say the Cabelas catalog (hunting store) always looking for the latest hunting jackets and gear. It might not be fashionable to you guys, but from Sept to the end of October it's where it's at for me!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Hugo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WOLVES
This isn't meant to be negative (though i guess it is) but I've decided that the idea of the "Men's fashion magazine" in inherently a bad one. After some forays into the european and japanese options, I just can't get with a whole magazine devoted to the subject.

It almost always comes off as corny or "try to hard" and most of them are really poorly written. For example, after multiple recomendations on Superfuture, I checked out "HE". This has got to be one of the few magazines I threw in the trash straight away after reading it. Patrik Ervell Article was the only thing worth its salt.

In conclusion, I'll stick to the solid unisex magazines (Purple, Another,ID) and those that cover arts and culture as well as fashion.

**** the rest.

Try 10+, sure it's a magazine with focus on fashion. But the writers are smart and witty and the articles/interviews are great.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read them all, but the only ones I really like are L'Uomo Vogue (for the fascinating and extraordinary celebrity portraits) and Men's Non-No (for the creative and excellent styling with seemingly ordinary or lower end items). If I'm looking at a magazine that covers more than just fashion and starts going into interviews or current events/popular culture (e.g. GQ, Details, Esquire), then usually the fashion is the one thing I don't really pay attention to in those magazines so they don't really fall into the category for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads