• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never watched a single episode of survivor.

My point was that that's a bad thing to be proud of...I was probably proud of it too before this month, but then I watched that Brains/Brawn/Beauty season and realized I had it all wrong.

It's not like being proud of never having seen an episode of real housewives.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was that that's a bad thing to be proud of...I was probably proud of it too before this month, but then I watched that Brains/Brawn/Beauty season and realized I had it all wrong.

It's not like being proud of never having seen an episode of real housewives.

Survivor is more game show than reality TV and a pretty damn serious one at that. A number of contestants have been hospitalized or forced to leave. The Allstars is good one to watch because it gives a perspective on the evolving style of play with OGs and Newschoolers randomly mixed and pitted against one another. As I mentioned earlier even though I' ve watched every season it is the only show of that genre I watch just as Jeopardy is the only quiz show I'll watch

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just started S15: China last night and watched about 4 episodes.

S20: Heroes Vs Villians was on Netflix alongside Cagayan, and people seem to rank it up there with the best, but we didn't want to watch a returning-cast season without having any idea who people were. Didn't want to jump to the first season either since it seems so far removed (and I know who makes it to the end and wins).

Ended up looking at this guide: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/3/25/21193405/how-to-catch-up-on-survivor-best-seasons-guide and China was included on almost every version of the list.

Maybe step further back in time to S7: Pearl Islands after that?

Although I see the author said:

• Cagayan (S28)
To me, this is the season that marks the beginning of “modern Survivor,” and what an absolute roller-coaster it is. But don’t just skip ahead to this one: For all of Cagayan’s twists to make sense, viewers definitely need a baseline knowledge of the show.

I'm not sure I really agree--at least I thoroughly enjoyed it, and just having some random pop culture baseline knowledge (plus what contestants themselves say) seemed like plenty of background for the show to be great.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like ythe gameplay was so good from so many people. There's one bit when ut happens you will just want to gouge your eyes out

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1607116159512.jpg

This series is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. Take a bit of Dan Brown level conspiracy and mix it with supernatural soap opera and a ton of horror and you get one of the craziest pilot episodes I've ever seen.

Hopefully the rest of the season will stay as entertaining, even if I find it hard to see how they'd be able to keep this kind of momentum up for a whole season.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cobra Kai Season 3! I cannot wait. Put this straight into my veins right now.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just started S15: China last night and watched about 4 episodes.

S20: Heroes Vs Villians was on Netflix alongside Cagayan, and people seem to rank it up there with the best, but we didn't want to watch a returning-cast season without having any idea who people were. Didn't want to jump to the first season either since it seems so far removed (and I know who makes it to the end and wins).

Ended up looking at this guide: https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/3/25/21193405/how-to-catch-up-on-survivor-best-seasons-guide and China was included on almost every version of the list.

Maybe step further back in time to S7: Pearl Islands after that?

Finished china--Epic.

Now on to S7 Pearl Islands--little past the merge already. Definitely a different vibe here. People are thinking about strategy, but not as deeply or as often as in the later seasons and there seem to be some pretty obvious strategic blunders. Also, nobody seems to be voicing concerns about being seen as strong or taking leadership roles--by China and Cagayan, it seems like people see strong leadership as a death sentence.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the way they are handling personal agency in some of the challenges. Since the merge, half of the challenges have been things where essentially if you succeed you get to target someone else, so being the best doesn't let you win, it just lets you eliminate others (but others can still gang up on you to force you out)...

Ok, now that I have saw the "Grandma Lie" from Jonny Fairplay last night, I understand a bit more why people were questioning Todd's sister's miscarriage story--don't have to be an entirely terrible person to wonder if a big fan of the show might be reusing tricks.

I was skeptical as soon as he said it though...it felt off like he was prompting his buddy for the line "What about grandma" "what? oh yeah, she died bro" and I was not surprised when it was revealed to be fake.

Shittiest family reward you could imagine for that lie too. Instead of a big fancy meal/trip to somewhere cool/etc...he got to spend time with a random dumbass friend in camp, with the same food they already had and no special reward (unless they jerked each other off). Only advantage was that the others had a rough night.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads