• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Holden, do not put ********* in it. It's fucked enough already"

Best quote ever lol
Followed by Amos just staring at him for a second and then saying, "That's not bad advice" while knowing, just knowing, that's exactly what Holden was gonna do.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one LOVE into the badlands, absolutely ridiculous but ******* awesome fighting scenes and a mix of comedy and action like out of classic Jackie Chan movies, how can you not be a fan?

Also love the fact that they never bother with an actual explanation as to why there aren't guns (despite it being in the future) so the audience just accepts the stance of "sword and knives make for cooler scenes ok, so just shut up and enjoy the ride"
Decided to give it another go, out of curiosity and because I didn't have any other shows I was dying to watch. I must've just been in the wrong mindset initially, because this time I really liked it. Halfway through season 1 right now.

Kinda reminds me of the John Wick movies, in that you can't think too hard, otherwise it all falls apart under the weight of its own ridiculousness, but if you just accept the silliness, it's a fun ride.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you just have to be prepared for what a ridiculous show it is, and you're almost guaranteed to have a good time. Definitely not a series meant to be deeply analyzed or to think about plotholes etc.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I am loving season 2, and have watched season 1 twice.
I have a real love-hate with the show. I really liked the comic book and the show was so far afield from it that it annoyed me. The casting and the way about 2/3 of the characters are played is completely wrong. All that said, season two is finally starting to take an interesting turn… Still very different from source material, but I like where they're going (really just in the last two episodes)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a real love-hate with the show. I really liked the comic book and the show was so far afield from it that it annoyed me. The casting and the way about 2/3 of the characters are played is completely wrong. All that said, season two is finally starting to take an interesting turn… Still very different from source material, but I like where they're going (really just in the last two episodes)

What don’t you like about the casting?

I thought Annie and Homelander were good fits; Huey was a bit of a cypher anyway, and his American analog isn’t bad.

I want to know what happened to Mother’s Milk, and why the breast milk thing was given to Homelander.

Especially in season two, I’m questioning why the villains are the focus, taking up, what, 60-80% of each episode? But that stuff has been really good, so...

The comic had some good bits, but man, was it a mess. Often just a jumble of action and really bad jokes a middle schooler might think was flipping the bird to...whoever. Ive said it before, but it’s probably the most homophobic thing I’ve ever read. It needed an adult gloss on things.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love The Boys ( uhhhhh ) but I haven't read the source material so I get your gripe.
It's now mandatory from a corporate focus group perspective to make sure everything is represented.
And while I have no problem with that in theory, new shows, movies, etc. It often now seems forced and contrived ( Where is our Asian?? I see no Asian!!!!!!! ). When you are adapting something that has a big following to the screen, I think you need to follow source material as much as possible. The characters are already burned into your head.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IIRC, the racial and gender demographics are the same.

It’s interesting one blogger didn’t like the silent badass Asian female stereotype(?), but IMO, season two has provided a back story with a reason for that, and is already deepening her character in a good way.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love The Boys ( uhhhhh ) but I haven't read the source material so I get your gripe.
It's now mandatory from a corporate focus group perspective to make sure everything is represented.
And while I have no problem with that in theory, new shows, movies, etc. It often now seems forced and contrived ( Where is our Asian?? I see no Asian!!!!!!! ). When you are adapting something that has a big following to the screen, I think you need to follow source material as much as possible. The characters are already burned into your head.
It gets really obvious with historical films. People can argue all they want but the obviousness of unhistorical accuracy makes any historical movie come off as bad. The argument for it only arises when it's a minority group as well.

Then you get the nonsense with J.K. Rowling and changing things after the fact just to please some social narrative that never existed when the books were written and really have no positive for the source material.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s not like Rowling’s obsessed with pleasing anyone. She’s been pretty outspoken about her views on trans people, even when it hurts sales.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why would that rankle you, though, if it was the author’s own doing?
Because it gets ridiculous. J.K. Rowling just came out like last week and said now Hermione may have been black. In the book she is literally described as having fair skin, etc. I believe even the cover at some point had her on it and she was white. It's just stupid, honestly.

If I write something and then come out years later and say what I wrote is now completely different because I say so, but the source material never changes, that is stupidity.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She might just be trolling people at this point. I don’t think she anticipated the negative reaction over saying trans women aren’t real women.

But I don’t think the Dumbledore thing was over the top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads