• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine how much **** Lebron would get if he walked away from the game for 18 months because he was mentally tired.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humans on Prime. Jesus Christ Gemma Chan is a good looking woman. Scratch that she is friggin gorgeous.

1591483565160.png

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine how much **** Lebron would get if he walked away from the game for 18 months because he was mentally tired.
Rest assured that Lebron/Mav/Rich/Klutch would completely portray it, over at least several drawn-out episodes, as the deepest and most agonizing trauma and pain ever suffered by any human being ever when the LeMe documentary was released.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been a Lebron Lakers fan until he Lebron joined the Lakers.
Cannot stand the phony hypocrite, (but at least in CLE/MIA the guy wasn't a part of the only NBA team I have loved my entire life and so I could despise him from a distance).
Cannot wait for the day he is gone from the team forever, and I can release the "PAUSE" button.

The Jordan series is nothing special or revelatory imo. But how could it be when he too apparently parsed and approved/denied the content, to the degree that it is really just a paean to MJ? As such it feels very superficial, especially given how long it is. The constant "flashbacks" feel like so much repetitive filler fluff after awhile. Nothing really interesting added, nothing really new revealed.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. I respect him as a basketball player.

I also respect that the many Jordan fans are bandwagon fans. No one was a Bulls fan before Jordan if you didn't live in Chi. Then many claimed that they were DL fans. Ok.

Same with Lebron. Everyone all of a sudden loved Cleveland. Then when he went to Miami, people said...I also like the Heat. Ok.

I live in NYC. I have always been a Pistons fan. If the Knicks signed Isiah Thomas, I would still be a Pistons fan.

Plus, Jordan really was not a nice person.

I've seend about 5 episodes of the show and haven't seen any of this jordan nastiness. Of course I haven't seen it all so I suppose I will have to keep watching. Any way growing up I was obsessed with the NBA but was never a Bulls fan - I generally don't care for dominant teams favorite. I was a Suns/Charles Barkley and Dan Marjele, then Magic/Shaq and Penny fan. I should add I was quite young and lived abroad while he played so was unaware of much of the story lines covered by the show so what I've seen has been fascinating.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12b6da84563a7f13_boxart.jpg

-Setting; Skidmore, Missouri USA. Population < 500.
-Date: Appr 1970's - 1981(initially.)
-Scene: The longtime bully, Ken Rex McElroy, is terrorizing the small town...shooting/******/burning homes/etc. The small community holds a meeting after his latest shooting > conviction > release on bond! As it seems that even the law can't contain Mr. McElroy, they decide to take matters into their own hands.

-What happens next during this Sundance(TV channel) 6 part series is truly fascinating! The silence that has been held since just shows how much this man/family was hated.

-The series also details how such a small town has since ravaged by crime/murders.

-You will see interviews right after the initial event. You will see longtime town residents share their feelings/thoughts. You will see actual videos of the subsequent crimes, investigations and followup.

-I watched this entire series today on Youtube. I was not looking for it, it just popped up as a rec. I actually started to watch the made for TV movie about the initial event a while back but didn't get 5 min in(Brian Dennehy starred) because something came up. I was looking for BD movies....as I didn't know anything about this event.

-This was ABSOLUTELY fascinating/amazing! Well worth a watch.

-Easily 4.5/5!

Here is ep 1. It may also be available on Amazon Prime:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
250px-Safe_%28TV_series%29_poster.jpg

I caught this again over the last week+. I didn't think that I had finished it the last time I watched(I did.)

A teen girl goes missing from the confines of her gated community. Her widowed doctor dad enlists the help of a local resident/detective, who he is seeing on the DL, to help find her.

What starts as a potential runaway spirals into possible kidnapping...maybe?

Old secrets start to be revealed as many in the community panic. Doctor dad/his friend and the police are tracking down every lead to try to find the teen...and to protect the community...and so much more.

This is almost Broadchurch like as it weaves together several plots until the very end. Is the gate to keep the monsters out....or to keep them in?

This is an 8 parter. Glad I revisited.

3.5/5.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1593127395941.jpeg

THE SINNER (on Netflix)

In a world where quality TV is disappearing just at the time we need it most, this is another brief oasis you’ll enjoy swimming in.

Extraordinary 1980’s actor Bill Pullman (“Don’t let them bury me. I’m not dead!!!”) stars as a troubled, but tenacious detective committed to unraveling the mystery of what drove a seemingly normal woman (Jessica Biel) to commit a brutal random act of murder. Her motives remain unknown, even to herself, as the hammer of justice begins its swift decline.

This one was a real surprise. Dark and intricate with solid acting and real depth, the phrase “twists and turns” is accurate, but probably conjures something more hijinks-y than the stark reality. More surprising is that the show (which has more of an HBO prestige type feel) aired on the USA Network. It was so good, people demanded more, so it became an anthology show with Bill Pullman reprising his role for two more seasons.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1412805

THE SINNER (on Netflix)

In a world where quality TV is disappearing just at the time we need it most, this is another brief oasis you’ll enjoy swimming in.

I started that a few times but never finished S1. Maybe I will give it another try sometime.

(Thanks for not posting any spoilers!)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Victim-Number-8-Season-1-Netflix.jpg

I started this 8 part Spanish series yesterday. Midway thru the 5th ep.

An act of terrorism takes place in the town of Bilboa(kills 8) and the police/authorities have a name/picture of the assailant.

The assailant says he is innocent. His girlfriend agrees. His family(well, his mother) can't believe he had anything to do with radical Islam. He goes on the run!

The very pregnant policewoman leading the investigation has to deal with the very wealthy family who lost their son, a senior "FBI type" who gets sent to take over the search/operation and stress/her medical condition.

There is more at play here than meets the eye as several try to capture the young man and several try to prove his innocence. He did it...right? Left! I mean......who knows?

I really tried to finish it last night, but fell asleep. I will have my final/complete review tomorrow/Wed after I do.

So far....3/5.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12b6da84563a7f13_boxart.jpg

-Setting; Skidmore, Missouri USA. Population < 500.
-Date: Appr 1970's - 1981(initially.)
-Scene: The longtime bully, Ken Rex McElroy, is terrorizing the small town...shooting/******/burning homes/etc. The small community holds a meeting after his latest shooting > conviction > release on bond! As it seems that even the law can't contain Mr. McElroy, they decide to take matters into their own hands.

-What happens next during this Sundance(TV channel) 6 part series is truly fascinating! The silence that has been held since just shows how much this man/family was hated.

-The series also details how such a small town has since ravaged by crime/murders.

-You will see interviews right after the initial event. You will see longtime town residents share their feelings/thoughts. You will see actual videos of the subsequent crimes, investigations and followup.

-I watched this entire series today on Youtube. I was not looking for it, it just popped up as a rec. I actually started to watch the made for TV movie about the initial event a while back but didn't get 5 min in(Brian Dennehy starred) because something came up. I was looking for BD movies....as I didn't know anything about this event.

-This was ABSOLUTELY fascinating/amazing! Well worth a watch.

-Easily 4.5/5!

Here is ep 1. It may also be available on Amazon Prime:

I watched all of this saturday night. It definitely got and held my attention but I was not blown away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads