• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All -- need some quick notes, a reply or PM will do --- putting together a list of some obscure European brands that may not have made their way to the States yet for one reason or another, but you think are decently made and something you'd consider purchasing if available at a discount -- can be stuff you've bought from Yoox, seen abroad, or otherwise.

are you being hired by daffys? :slayer:

Lardini
Caruso
Roda
Piombo
Cantarelli
Adriano and Sons

Peurist

Reaction score
Quick update -- All stores will be doing inventory later this week if they haven't done so already and Spring merchandise will start to arrive next week. As has been the case for the last few years, the best stuff comes in the first few months of each season, and I expect that I will be updating my blog and this thread with some frequency, rather than just once a week, and already plan on making a few trips up to NYC.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick update -- All stores will be doing inventory later this week if they haven't done so already and Spring merchandise will start to arrive next week. As has been the case for the last few years, the best stuff comes in the first few months of each season, and I expect that I will be updating my blog and this thread with some frequency, rather than just once a week, and already plan on making a few trips up to NYC.

Potential Mabi's / Incotex? I want some new pants damnit

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I miss Daffy's... I'm totally having Incotex/Mabitex withdrawal. I was buying a pair or 10 every few weeks for a while...

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn I miss Daffy's... I'm totally having Incotex/Mabitex withdrawal. I was buying a pair or 10 every few weeks for a while...

I just came back from the Wall St location. Very disappointing. The had some new sweaters marked as new spring merchandise. barf.

Peurist

Reaction score

I just came back from the Wall St location. Very disappointing. The had some new sweaters marked as new spring merchandise. barf.

For future reference, the Wall St. store is usually a complete waste of time. If you're spending time down there for some reason, go to C21 instead.

Peurist

Reaction score

Yes, Carrel shirts are pretty good. They are made by Milena SpA, as are most of the other shirts in stores right now until the Spring selection from Sait comes in -- Milena makes for a wide range of labels, but you'll mostly find stuff from Marcus, Del Siena, B>More and Carrel (the latter three being their own brands). All the boxed shirts you might see in store are from Milena, outside of the ones marked 'Crispino'.

A side note to those interested in pants -- I have not confirmed this yet, but we may see the first selection of pants from Mastai Ferretti, as they started producing pants under their own label last Spring (don't know if they were made by Sait or outsourced to another manufacturer). Unsure of whether we'll see that or not, but I'd say it's a 50/50 bet.

Peurist

Reaction score
A few notes --

1) Re: Mabitex -- I've been told that the reason there were no Mabitex pants this prior season is because Mabitex SpA went out of business. Admitted that Yoox has some Mabitex up for Spring, but my guess is that may be some left overs from a year or so ago, or they got whatever was left when the company went under.

2) Jey Cole Man merchandise is out in every store. This stuff is really nice, and it appears they got in decent volume for a change. For those unfamiliar with the line, check out www.yoox.co.uk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads