1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

I've decided to close up shop on the B&S forum for a bit, but wanted to share with everyone a blog I started a few months ago. http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com

It's basically a rundown of what merchandise Daffy's gets in each week, which stores are carrying the stuff, and which stores you should visit and those you should avoid. I'll admit I'm slightly obsessed with the chain, and most SF'ers will probably think I'm a bit nuts for writing the blog in the first place. But I wanted to share with everyone the kind of merchandise that's available for the insanely low prices which can be found at Daffy's. And I'm sure anyone that's interested can have other SF members pick up some stuff for them via the B&S forum.

Apologies for the poor grammar, and the low-rent design -- I don't have lots of time to invest in the blog, but I do enjoy it. Feel free to let me know what you'd like to see on there.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jack2000

Jack2000 Senior member

interesting-- thanks

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Very cool! This will be useful. I only go to Daffys to score Mabitex but if theres something else checking out I will. Bravo

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This would be a great idea for all outlet stores.

5. Viral

Viral Senior member

+1...........but would require a team of hundreds!!

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

+1...........but would require a team of hundreds!!

Who is with me? Lets do this Zuckerberg style!

7. theyare

theyare Senior member

nice, love the cosby sweater post!

8. Icehawk

Icehawk Senior member

Neat blog - now if only someone could do that for all those Yoox brands we have never heard of!

9. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

Someone from the actual store should do this...

Would take like 1 hr a week at the most... Obviously won't happen...but one can wish.

10. Jack2000

Jack2000 Senior member

O.P. know anything about the brand A. Basile? I picked up a couple of linen shirts that seem fairly nice, but would like to know any additional info you might have.

11. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

when everyone gets all the other shit together....keep an eye out for a Tom Ford or Isaia in 38...poor Derek needs one. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

O.P. know anything about the brand A. Basile? I picked up a couple of linen shirts that seem fairly nice, but would like to know any additional info you might have.

I believe they're made by Mastai Feretti. If you look at the hang tag, it's the same as those you'll see on all the shirts marked Mastai Feretti, Brual, Jeff Kerry, Covent Garden, Cleveland, Bonser, Agho, etc...

13. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

I believe they're made by Mastai Feretti. If you look at the hang tag, it's the same as those you'll see on all the shirts marked Mastai Feretti, Brual, Jeff Kerry, Covent Garden, Cleveland, Bonser, Agho, etc...

Aka: Truzzi?

14. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Truzzi has the same parent company as most or all of the others but a higher quality of make. The corp parent is shirtmaker SAITT

15. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Yes...but in every Daffy's I've visited over the years (and believe me, it's a very high number), I've seen only 1 single shirt actually marked Truzzi; so while Mastai Ferreti may be owned by Truzzi, I must point out that you'd have a better chance winning the lottery than actually finding a Truzzi-branded shirt at Daffy's.

16. Jack2000

Jack2000 Senior member

Thanks--that is what I suspected. Nice summer shirts. Nothing really special, but similar to some Mastai shirts I have.

17. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

SAITT/Mastai Feretti owns Truzzi, not the other way around. Truzzi was the historic label they bought more recently. SAITT itself is only about 20 years old.

You have to realize that the Truzzi & Inco floods may have been unusual or unique events for Daffy's.

The Daffy's deal with Euro manufacturers for unsold stock or overrruns left them in prime position to snap up the higher end stuff when the market froze a couple of years ago.

Now either global markets are better, or manufacturers are more cautious, or both.

18. rayuela

rayuela Senior member

I know there are boatloads of Mabitex kicking around at Daffy's but are there any Incotex anymore? I can't seem to find them where I look. Have they disappeared entirely?

19. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

I haven't seen any Incotex yet this season. Last season, all they got were a few pairs of cottons, mostly in pretty ugly colors (teal was the majority) - but I believe it was a bit later on. The only major dress pants shipment I've seen recently is Bernard Zins, and that only went to the 40th & Madison store from what I can tell.

20. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Just thought this deserved a bump --- one of the Daffy's stores I visited today got in a whole load of suits from a brand called Ortenzi. Apparently they produce for a lot of well-known labels, as I saw a suit from Paul Smith, and a blazer from Dirk Bikkimbergs. This was the Elizabeth, NJ store; unsure what, if any, NYC stores received them as well.