• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Mabitex website is still up, so not sure if that's true. However, if what you say is true, they've gone under, that's kinda sad. I have more than a few pairs that are really awesome made with great fabrics and fit me really well.

I guess if someone speaks Italian perhaps they can contact Mabitex. Email addresses are listed on their website. http://www.mabitex.com/

Also, Mabitex is being sold for quite inexpensive on Yoox. (60-130 usd)

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
1) Re: Mabitex -- I've been told that the reason there were no Mabitex pants this prior season is because Mabitex SpA went out of business. Admitted that Yoox has some Mabitex up for Spring, but my guess is that may be some left overs from a year or so ago, or they got whatever was left when the company went under.

That means no more Mabitex ever? Lol.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mabitex not an option for Yoox USA.

This is quite sad if true. The deals at Daffy's were phenomenal. OTOH -- now I don't feel so bad about buying so many!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
guy321 or anyone - what happens with the daffys merch that never gets sold that gets removed from the stores once the seasons end? is there a daffys warehouse or daffys outlet somewhere? does the stuff get burned?

Peurist

Reaction score
Honestly, no idea. I know that they usually pick one store where all the remainders get sent and are marked down very significantly. The stuff that doesn't sell at all after that, my guess would be that it is donated somewhere. I know that Ross Dress for Less has a policy of donating items that don't get sold, as stores like this are kind of a last resort for merchandise.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we gonna see any pics of the sweet JCM stuff you picked up?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Honestly, no idea. I know that they usually pick one store where all the remainders get sent and are marked down very significantly. The stuff that doesn't sell at all after that, my guess would be that it is donated somewhere. I know that Ross Dress for Less has a policy of donating items that don't get sold, as stores like this are kind of a last resort for merchandise.

which store gets the mega daffy's markdowns? somewhere in NJ?

Peurist

Reaction score

which store gets the mega daffy's markdowns? somewhere in NJ?

Usually 34th St. is the consolidation store.. Last season, Philly got a huge amount of consolidation from the New York stores, as they have extra space that is not normally used. After that, what was left over was sent to Paramus, NJ. So it may vary by season, but 34th St. is probably a good bet if you're looking for some fall/winter markdowns.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Usually 34th St. is the consolidation store.. Last season, Philly got a huge amount of consolidation from the New York stores, as they have extra space that is not normally used. After that, what was left over was sent to Paramus, NJ. So it may vary by season, but 34th St. is probably a good bet if you're looking for some fall/winter markdowns.

I went to 34th street last week, it is a disaster, no good deals and nothing of any decent quality. I must say I really hate the daffys experience. As many have said, you walk in excited, see all this junk lying everywhere and just leave.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:

I went to 34th street last week, it is a disaster, no good deals and nothing of any decent quality. I must say I really hate the daffys experience. As many have said, you walk in excited, see all this junk lying everywhere and just leave.

happens often

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads