1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

I recently purchased 2 pairs of Zegna linen slacks from the Wall Street Daffys. The labels were cut out but when I looked at the content label it read ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA. They wore both $29.99!!! One pair in a very nice medium shade of blue and the other pair was a medium brown. The have an amazing fit and so far have been my best bargain buy of the summer.

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Probably wearing one of those bad boys today. Sweltering in NYC today.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Photos?

4. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

My guess is these were left over Incotex from earlier in the Spring season. If you still have the Daffy's price tag on them, can you do me a favor and check the vendor code and season code on the pants? (see here re: how to decipher the price tag -- http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/2011/06/anatomy-of-daffys-hang-tag.html)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  5. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Checked out the Daffys at Herald Square around 6 after work today. Absolutely nothing worthwhile whatsoever. Nothing

6. knezz

knezz Senior member

Checked out Philadelphia and nothing at all either.

7. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This is the story of Daffy's 99.9% of the time. I picked up a few nice bowls there a a few weeks ago!

8. tropics

tropics Senior member

i took a look in east 57th st on tuesday.
    they had a few large A.P.C. sports coats and overcoats, selected sizes pringle cashmere sweaters. all around $150.
    N&F skinny guys size 31 for $40. some levis' made + crafted (38 waist!). and some random cuccinelli junk like a $400 raggedy-looking long sleeve polo shirt.

it was just one rail but if they get more of the same it could be promising. all i bought was a couple of pairs of the corgi socks.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

How much were the corgi?

10. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior member

Something like $13 apiece in Philly.

11. tropics

tropics Senior member

yep

12. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Does Zegna produce for Incotex or is it the other way around? Just curious as to why EZ would be on the content label if they were Incotex. The Daffys price tag was discarded long ago. So far I've only worn the blue pair once. Received a number of compliments on them. The most important one coming from the Mrs!

I'll see if I can get a clear picture of the label and post it here.

If they weren't so casual, I'd have worn them to worn today. IT IS HOT IN NYC TODAY!!!!:cool:

13. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

I have found that Daffy's often gets in a selection of Zegna trousers w/the Incotex shipments. So I believe it is that Inco produces for Zegna.

14. SoHoJoejoe

SoHoJoejoe Well-Known Member

Wasn't much at the Columbus Circle Daffy's, that I saw at least. Did grab a few Gitman ties for $9 each.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I saw nada in the Daffys here in NJ that I frequent.

16. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Feel free to check out the blog for recent updates on merchandise. But I have sad news to report at this time -- word coming from Philebrity.com is that the Philadelphia store will be closing on September 30th, and I expect there will be other closings as well. I am in deep state of mourning right now.

UPDATE: A commenter on the blog indicated that he visited an NYC location today, and was told that ALL locations would be closed by October 31st. This is a sad day indeed. :'(

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  17. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

This is terrible news. Incotex at 34th st in sizes 32 and under

18. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

I'd be surprised if they can't work something out to keep the chain afloat. May be worth gathering more intel as these situations usually take some time...

19. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

According to the most recent report, they were pursuing either a sale or a liquidation.

I guess a buyer could not be found.