• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell is up with this place?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
My biggest issue with the forum right now is that the WAYWN thread sucks ass. Poor photography plus useless posts that have nothing to do with the fits kind of ruin it for me. J, I think your suggestions would go a long way to fixing the thread.

While I don't necessarily disagree on the possible solution, go back to any period in WAYWT and the quality (of photography) wasn't much different. Former regulars like Sauce and JPGM who don't post anymore had good photos, but most of it was mediocre. If anything, SF was easier on noobs who posted bad pics/fits.

I think it's more that expectations for photos/fits have changed/improved. I know my pics have improved slightly, although my fits still muddle through
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i actually started a thread/poll about a designer subforum but it kind of died.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i actually started a thread/poll about a designer subforum but it kind of died.
I sent a PM about one, but never heard anything back. I just feel like that MC and even SW&D, to a lesser extent, are so anti-designer that any new threads focused on it will get **** on from the start, and most of the people doing the ******** aren't even ones who follow or know anything about the designers anyway (BUT, that one pair of Prada sport pants they saw at Filene's basement suddenly makes them feel like they are an expert in saying how PRADA SUCKS!) But, that diversification is what I think we need and a greater willingness to take chances would be great. There are lots of creative folks out there, it's just that most of them aren't as confident as SoCal or GoSurf to post in a sea of sharks..

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what i don;t like (here and in sz to an extent) is that if this homogenized aesthetic is the overarching one, people who join will tend to be proponents of that aesthetic.

best thing about sufu is how eclectic it is fashion wise. there are only maybe 5-10 people on here who don;t dress like everyone else on here.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what i don;t like (here and in sz to an extent) is that if this homogenized aesthetic is the overarching one, people who join will tend to be proponents of that aesthetic.
Yep; agree with this, too. This is one reason I'm not as active at SZ... it started off quite diverse, but quickly became MA+/Ann D/LMaltieri/Yohji gothninja and I had nothing to add. I think we've GOT the diversity here, we just have to open up some of the avenues to allow it to be expressed and to ENCOURAGE that expression. I just don't think we encourage it at all now, which is the problem.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^sf could use a bit of goth ninja.

in sf's favor, there is respect for old trad labels that make great suiting and such. i know people who wear great-looking varvatos suits and lie about what label it is on sufu as to not incur brand hate which is ridiculous. but again, look through sufu waywt and the range is huge and a lot of fun.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^sf could use a bit of goth ninja. in sf's favor, there is respect for old trad labels that make great suiting and such. i know people who wear great-looking varvatos suits and lie about what label it is on sufu as to not incur brand hate which is ridiculous. but again, look through sufu waywt and the range is huge and a lot of fun.
Okay... I propose for the month of MARCH that all of us start taking more chances with dress and having a bit more fun and taking chances. Let's try to push the envelope and post pictures. Some will be hits, some misses. I already posted myself wearing shorts the other day (haha). I'll continue and for all of March try new things and just take whatever comes in the way of comments. I trust that most of us "know" how to dress; let's just shake things up a bit. I'll pull out a lot of my designer stuff I NEVER wear and see what happens. Anybody else willing to give it a try?

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
or you can join me in the gi joe and marvel collectors toy forum.

Originally Posted by lance konami
I think people are getting bored. But don't really know how to spice things up. That's why I hang out in the big titty thread.

Speaking of other forums, I do find myself over at body consciousness lately. People ***** and snipe at each other and question one another's credentials constantly, but lots of interesting (if not totally useful) info comes out over the noise.

I don't think much is wrong. There are just too many new dumb threads (in sw&d, not DT), and too much chatter in the waywt.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^anything besides trad or workwear sadly qualifies.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Will we have to resort to re-merging MC and SW&D together?

You've been here for like 5 months...

...not saying there's any kind of seniority, but please don't use 'we'.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief41510