• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell is up with this place?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
SuperBobo touched on something today that I thought had lately been going through the minds of a number of people on here whether unspoken or indirectly implied:
why is there so few interesting discussions goin on on sf these days?
Topics to be covered:
-Why do people seek opinions on what is or is not SF-approved?
-Sheep.
-A bulk of new threads comprising of three favorites: "Teach me to dress," "1968 Buick Regal vs. Half-eaten Dunkin' Donuts bear claw: which to buy?," and "I've got jeans. How do they compare to other jeans, should I wash on a full moon only, will allowing them to touch any kind of liquid ruin all my fades and turn them into a $12.67 pair of Wal-Mart Faded Glory's, will they make me **** if they're tight, and will a size 28 stretch to a 34 to accommodate my weight-lifter thighs."
-If you were on a stranded island for six months would you be able to construct a BoO-copy using coconut strands as thread, real abalone for MOP buttons, and indigenous animal hides/plant material as fabric? Would the final product be cheaper/fit as well as the $214 BoO original?
-Ideas on what you think it will take to right the ship.

Seriously.

Discuss.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
close thread please, cchen wins

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
Recession.

Ya. Like it or not, we're what we buy. And as far as expensive clothes are concerned, people surely aren't buying much.
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My thoughts too, nobody's buying clothes right now and there isn't anything new to post.

Also, in Dumb threads certain dumb ***** seem to think it's okay to post full nudes and Appreciation shots without any NSFW warning.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
-Ideas on what you think it will take to right the ship.

2 negatives and a positive

I can't remember the last time a lot of once 'constants' posted fits. I don't know if they just don't have the time, or have lost interest? I used to look forward to their fits, maybe we ought to pm/email them and invite them back so that there will be interesting, or atleast more fits and less **** in waywt.

I remember when I first joined I was linked directly to the 'introduce yourself' thread... could we possibly direct people straight to the 'small question thread'?

I think the mods have done a good job of banning people that have gotten out of hand, keeping this up helps the forum IMHO.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think another way to help clean up the forum a bit is to restrict a New Thread if the member has less than 10 or so posts. I tihnk this will separate the people that simply lose interest in this forum and the people who want to take constructive part in it.

Dumb new threads are popping up at an alarming rate, most of which are not needed if the user took 5 minutes out of his day to read a little bit.

Another idea is to give whodini the Doomsday Device to blow out every thread he sees fits. Its needed. Make it happen.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think nubes need to wait at least a month before starting a new thread and have at least 20 posts.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there's just not that much left to discuss. Everyone's style here has become pretty drab as everyone dresses pretty much identical to each other (except for SoCal, GS, Fade, and some others). The forum in general is just very resistant to ANY form of change or new ideas. This forum sucks but I still come here.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more moderation and consolidation of threads. honestly, i really like how organized some of the forums at superfuture are. it's good at keeping dumb new threads from flooding out the good ones.

edit: i realized im a noob compared to everyone here..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur