• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Should i do With A $200 Piperlime Gift Card?

trapline

Reaction score
Last year for Christmas/Birthday I got a $200 gift card from my mom to Banana Republic. She got the card because she knew I used to shop there in the past. I have gained about 60 lbs since I last shopped there so even their largest clothes are a size or two too small for me.

I am working out and loosing weight (lost 30 lbs so far). Since the gift card is good for all sister stores like GAP, Piperlime etc I figured shoes would be the best thing to buy from there but their shoes all look lower quality and/or way over priced.

So im looking for advice on what shoes I should get. I plan on buying nicer shoes a few months in to next year. Right now I usually wear khaki's with tears in the hem at the bttom, a polo with a bacon shapped color,and asaics running shoes to work (I know I know a sin.. The cat pissed on my only pair of brown shoes that i left out like an idiot). I do have a pair of black allen edmonds i bought used off ebay (they look like a cap toe with what you would call broughing I guess.

So what do you think? do I buy 4 pairs of polos and boat shoes or get 1 nice pair of cap toe browns? Also if you could link a specific shoe that would be great. They seem to have all the ****** styles of the good brands and the nice styles of the cheap brands.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should give the card back to your sister lol. Just kidding. I like Gap better than BR. Their outerwear stuff is not too bad. It is overpriced, but since you've got a giftcard that you don't particularly care about, I say go for it.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your wearing a polo shirt, khakis, and running shoes to work you probably don't need to buy more Allen Edmonds or other super expensive shoes (I would probably stay away from cap toes). Just get some nice casual shoes. Piperlime has some decent brands for casual shoes, including Clarks (buy some desert boots). Read some of the posts in streetwear and make some choices. Before buying anything from Piperlime/GAP/Banana republic check online for coupon codes and use those in addition to your gift card, it will help you get the most for your money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads