• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2190139
Sunday afternoon at the movies saw this with Mrs GF totally over the top..
Saw it this afternoon, over all thumbs up.

Over all thumbs up, but I didn’t care for it as much as Fury Road.

Some things didn’t quite make sense/ploy holes, (maybe jsut to me)

After she “escapes“ and shaves her head, then makes a new life a scrawny boy mechanic…. Later she’s parading around with her long hair, how/why did Immorten Joe not throw back in the prison with the rest of breeding women??

In a world where everyone is out for themselves…. How is there a caring, nice person willing to risk their lives for her (the Pedro Pascal looking dude?) this whole subplot made no sense to me…. its almost as if life at the citadel wasn’t terrible, and resulted in normal people willing to help each other out.

Lastly….the voiceover at the end, who was that? If the film had started with a voice over, let me tell you the tale of Furiousa, or some such, it would have made much more sense.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it this afternoon, over all thumbs up.

Over all thumbs up, but I didn’t care for it as much as Fury Road.

Some things didn’t quite make sense/ploy holes, (maybe jsut to me)

After she “escapes“ and shaves her head, then makes a new life a scrawny boy mechanic…. Later she’s parading around with her long hair, how/why did Immorten Joe not throw back in the prison with the rest of breeding women??

In a world where everyone is out for themselves…. How is there a caring, nice person willing to risk their lives for her (the Pedro Pascal looking dude?) this whole subplot made no sense to me…. its almost as if life at the citadel wasn’t terrible, and resulted in normal people willing to help each other out.

Lastly….the voiceover at the end, who was that? If the film had started with a voice over, let me tell you the tale of Furiousa, or some such, it would have made much more sense.
Chris Hemsworth as Moses..his biker army harked back to the original gang in Mad Max. Postmodernism is alive and well..🤣

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OIP.LgksDLkkDUnrfyYd76j_uQHaKs

Hangman with Al Pacino and Karl Urban. Junk. Not exactly boring but all characters are forgettable. The bad guy doesn't make a ton of sense - and wait till you find out the serial killer's motive.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hangman with Al Pacino and Karl Urban. Junk. Not exactly boring but all characters are forgettable. The bad guy doesn't make a ton of sense - and wait till you find out the serial killer's motive.
and wait till you find out the serial killer's motive

Was it because someone made him watch Hangman?

brokencycle

Reaction score

I got about 80% of the way through and couldn't finish it.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Hit Man last night, and yeah, she was super hot throughout. The movie itself was fun, but not as great as reviews led me to believe. It was kinda schizophrenic- like three movies strung together. The first part was sort of a goofball cop comedy, the second part was straight up rom-com, the third part was film noir-ish, with a kinda Coen brothers vibe, but not as bleak as either of those. Like I said, fun; mostly because Powell and Arjona are charismatic as hell, but really not a great movie the more I think about it.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Hit Man last night, and yeah, she was super hot throughout. The movie itself was fun, but not as great as reviews led me to believe. It was kinda schizophrenic- like three movies strung together. The first part was sort of a goofball cop comedy, the second part was straight up rom-com, the third part was film noir-ish, with a kinda Coen brothers vibe, but not as bleak as either of those. Like I said, fun; mostly because Powell and Arjona are charismatic as hell, but really not a great movie the more I think about it.
Watched Hitman today with my significant other. I highly recommend you do the same.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized