• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She is so hot...

Check this flick.....VERY good:

Brain_on_Fire.jpg

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B79E909C-3D37-4422-B04E-2F97A7C467DE.jpeg

Criterion has a “Three featuring George Segal” collection right now.

Redford and Segal star as the heads of a heist crew hired to steal an African jewel. Hijinks ensue as they have to uh steal it again and again and again.

Billed as a comedy, but more just light-hearted. Lots of heist action, minimal character work. Redford and Segal are super charismatic and charming. I found it endearing that the crew here is, like, only modestly decent at crime. The heists are fun, and supposedly this is an influence on contemporary heist movies. If you told me Soderbergh drew from this to inform Oceans Eleven or Out of Sight I would believe you. Lots of “dudes rock” energy in this one.

I think this is a fun movie, but Segal’s performance in California Split is superior and far more interesting.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been 20 years or so since I last saw this and I was amazed about how well it stood up and how bloody good it is.

lefty

So true.

I am not generally a fan of more "romantic" films, especially repeated viewings, but CoF is incredible in how well it has held up, in all aspects. I have not seen it in a while, but I recall the last time I watched it felt almost flawless, never tedious even though I must have seen it at least 12+ times now.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
"How dare you train for a race, like a common peasant!"

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been 20 years or so since I last saw this and I was amazed about how well it stood up and how bloody good it is.

lefty

It's a helluva lot better than My Left Foot.
I remember catching so much hate from my circle at the time for thinking that movie was a complete bore-fest...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It really is extraordinary as there are so many aspects that shouldn't work: first time director, unknowns in the leads, mixed use of shooting styles, and that score.

But every frame is so confident.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If you enjoy gory movies that use the standard tropes of horror films to deliver commentary on social issues, a la 'Get Out' and 'Night of the Living Dead', have I got a movie for you:

Screenshot_20210518-081751_IMDb.jpg

Watched this a couple of days ago and was blown away. It features a smart script, solid acting overall and a few outstanding performances. They play around with a bunch of familiar horror movie tropes and ultimately tell a very satisfying and super violent story about colonialism, power and community.

I went in knowing zero about it, drawn in by the idea of Udo Kier and Sonja Braga in a film together, and this is definitely a film that rewards that approach with fun surprises.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you enjoy gory movies that use the standard tropes of horror films to deliver commentary on social issues, a la 'Get Out' and 'Night of the Living Dead', have I got a movie for you:

View attachment 1611975

Watched this a couple of days ago and was blown away. It features a smart script, solid acting overall and a few outstanding performances. They play around with a bunch of familiar horror movie tropes and ultimately tell a very satisfying and super violent story about colonialism, power and community.

I went in knowing zero about it, drawn in by the idea of Udo Kier and Sonja Braga in a film together, and this is definitely a film that rewards that approach with fun surprises.

Saw this yesterday evening. Pretty solid thriller. Missed out on the horror movie elements :confused2:.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads