• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kinda shoes do you wear?

epliohunk

Reaction score
YSL Rolling sneakers... I bought them too small so I ruined them in the first month. They look like cheap ass shoes now... oh well!

Otherwise, I'm moving towards dressier shoes; I have just bought wingtips and I like the way it looks with jeans. Plus, being quite small, the heel makes me slightly taller.

During the summer, I have two pair of loafers: a classic brown one and a bright orange one.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
i just bought my first pair of converse low tops and they are making my room smell like a sweaty china man, these things stink!

A. ******** is one word, get your racial slurs right for the love of person of Italian descent Jesus.

B. If you can make simple light canvas shoes stink, it's your feet that reek.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i included a space to make it less racist
teacha.gif
& I havn't even worn them yet!!

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i included a space to make it less racist
teacha.gif
& I havn't even worn them yet!!

I'll remember that space technique when Al Sharpton comes to kill me.

"But Al, I put a space between the two G's! I put a space!!!!!"

but yeah new chucks stink ************* after sex with your neighbors grandmother, burnt rubber.

Steggy

Reaction score
Ehh, shoe collection is sort of low currently. right now i just have
nike 6.0 oncore premiums
leather treads
red vans authentic

On my to-buy list, in order lol
the jcrew distressed white purcell
some sort of sperrys. read note below
a newer pair of leather treads
i've been eying some geox moccasins

about the sperrys, I'm not sure what i want to get. I know i want an original, with the laces and whatnot, but as far as color i'm at a loss. I don't want to just get the brown or whatever. like, what color would you guys recommend for let's say, an outfit of a navy polo and flat front khaki shorts?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan, white, navy, something crazy like red or lime green...lots of options.

Steggy

Reaction score
hmm... I don't know if navy or cream would be good maybe. I saw some cream sperrys on clearance at macys, so i was toying the thought. the one pair i fell in love with are unavailable it seems :'(
IMG_8573.jpg
sigh. one can dream.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice...cream would go well with khaki shorts, though.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prada Linea Rossa. black on black.

One of my best shoe purchases, wear them so much...so versatile with jeans or shorts. I wear them almost everyday....I probably shouldn't but they're so comfortable and can go with my casual wear really well.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
hmm... I don't know if navy or cream would be good maybe. I saw some cream sperrys on clearance at macys, so i was toying the thought. the one pair i fell in love with are unavailable it seems :'(
IMG_8573.jpg

sigh. one can dream.

I have those. Sweet shoes for the summertime.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A dirty pair of Natural (off white) Vans Authentics.
Brown Vans Authentics
Sperry Mako Top-Siders for Work
Occasionally a pair of Stacy Adams Wallabee rip-offs.

GahDuma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnD3R0aTh
..nope, i was talking more about big tennisy shoes =P, like i said, im a big guy, i like to wear big shoes (they dont really look big tho, moderate sizes), still no problems right?

Could you post what kind of tennis shoes you regularly wear?

Honestly, wearing tennis shoes/running shoes when you're not doing said activity doesn't make any sense at all. Sure they may be comfortable but they're mostly all ugly as ****. Contrary to popular belief, wearing these all of the time do not make you look more "athletic." It just makes it look like your mom dresses you. Stick to more casual sneakers. Around campus, I see nerdy white guys and Asian fobs wear athletic shoes all of the time...ugh.

converge

Reaction score
<StyleForum Approved>
Allen-Edmonds Mora - Brown
Allen-Edmonds Bel Air - Walnut
Clarks Desert boots - Sand
Sperry Top-siders A/O - Classic brown
High-top Chucks - Canvas black
High-top Chucks - Leather white
</StyleForum Approved>

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just bought my first pair of converse low tops and they are making my room smell like a sweaty china man, these things stink!

I've got about 1/2 to an inch between my toe and the end of the toe cap, is this usual with chucks because they are more long and pointy compared to vans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads