• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kinda shoes do you wear?

UnD3R0aTh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GahDuma
Could you post what kind of tennis shoes you regularly wear?

Honestly, wearing tennis shoes/running shoes when you're not doing said activity doesn't make any sense at all. Sure they may be comfortable but they're mostly all ugly as ****. Contrary to popular belief, wearing these all of the time do not make you look more "athletic." It just makes it look like your mom dresses you. Stick to more casual sneakers. Around campus, I see nerdy white guys and Asian fobs wear athletic shoes all of the time...ugh.

:0

..here i was wearing those today, not the best i have, but it should give u the picture..
Code:

..i also have a pair of "casual sneakers", i bought them but i never wear them, coz i dont wanna look like the the nerdy white guys and asian fobs who like to wear'em =P

Code:

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current rotation (vans are for workouts):

103_0436_mod.jpg

paulesquire1

Reaction score
tennis shoes have a thicker front sole due to tennis players dragging their toes ie. purcells, lavers, smiths. tennis shoes can be classified as a sneaker but sneakers have a broad range. sneaker could be a running shoe, basketball shoe, god awful euro fashion sneaker, etc.

Acipenser

Reaction score
I cannot even imagine wearing tennis shoes anywhere else than on the tennis field. They are way too bulky and steady and have too much grip and indeed they have a thicker front sole. I do not think it is that pretty
smile.gif

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Acipenser
I cannot even imagine wearing tennis shoes anywhere else than on the tennis field. They are way too bulky and steady and have too much grip and indeed they have a thicker front sole. I do not think it is that pretty
smile.gif

You've obviously never worn a full boot.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnD3R0aTh
:0

..here i was wearing those today, not the best i have, but it should give u the picture..
Code:

..i also have a pair of "casual sneakers", i bought them but i never wear them, coz i dont wanna look like the the nerdy white guys and asian fobs who like to wear'em =P

Code:

wow, those shoes are worse than I imagined. So instead of the "nerdy white guy", you look like...what?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnD3R0aTh
:0 ..here i was wearing those today, not the best i have, but it should give u the picture..
Code:
Code:
wow you have everything so backward you should be wearing the superstars (lol at "casual" sneaker) and not wearing those trashed whites because they make you look like a dork or a fob sneakers have no actual use for sports currently, IE an air max 90 may of been a good running shoe back then but now it's probably not the best idea

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Yuketen mocs
Russell shooting clays
Trickers (anything on 4497)
Stan Smiths
Alden Indys
Jil Sander officer boots

chomeo

Reaction score
I rotate between the following during the week:
Dsquared loafers
AE Hillcrest
Gucci loafers
Prada lace-up "driver"
D&G Chelsea boots

Come Friday and the rest of the weekend I'll mostly wear these for about 2 weeks now:
Nico combat boots

I want to add a pair of longwings Alden or AE soon.

TrekTheWorld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
I've got about 1/2 to an inch between my toe and the end of the toe cap, is this usual with chucks because they are more long and pointy compared to vans?

Size down on those chucks. I always go smaller and don't wear a sock. They will loosen up to even if they fit tight around the sides, but I bet you can go a half size down still. If you leave them to big sometimes they will make that farting noise when you are walking around. I have that on a few pairs of mine, it's annoying. I use to think I wore 10 or 10 1/2, now I dont wear the socks and I wear 9, and they are just as comfortable. They then stretched out and now I can wear them with a sock.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
basically tennis shoes are to go on your feet, sneakers are like a peacock's feathers

I don't own wear sneakers, but like some of the art-work colorways.

I am not really into shoes much. I'd be content with just 4 pairs

trashed lo-top white chucks
trashed hi-top black/blue chucks
hi-shine thrift store wingtips
boots ala ryeGb or the other stealthwealth hombres

I have more, and they work their ways into several fits, but the vast majority of the time this is what I am wearing

tedjosg2003

Reaction score
Ted Baker plimp
Gordon Rush Regent boot
Adidas Campus white/green(Daily)

skunkworks

Reaction score
Many of you seem to be very easy to troll.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads