1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is on your KOP List for F/W 08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Jun 23, 2008.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I don't think W+H has ever been that interesting outside of tiger fleece, and we all seemed to have moved on from that.

I actually like some of their outerwear (non-hoodies) from fall 07, spring 07 and fall 06. Sometimes they pop up used here and sufu and some are pretty nice. Besides that, i'm kinda with you

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Their wool fabrics, especially the ones from last year, are fucking amazing.

fabrics are fabrics, they can't seem to make anything good out of those fabrics.

3. robin

robin Senior member

fabrics are fabrics, they can't seem to make anything good out of those fabrics.
    Yes, I'd have to agree with that now.

4. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i was expecting some nice outerwear... but this is dissapointing

5. dave

dave Senior member

...I have 2 Fred PerryxTerry Hall sweaters (black, burgundy) on hold for me...

where are you getting them? I've been inquiring but no one seems to be able to get em. I needs me at least one!

6. constant struggle

for w&h tyler from blackbird said there is some killer outerwear, just rodengray probably didn't order it...

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Wings + Horns actually has a great lineup this FW. I've never understood the marketing on the CYC front of not ever showing anything.

There is a killer hunting jacket, and a fleece surplus sweater that I have on preorder from Farinelli's. I am hoping that Craig lets me post some pictures soon, but in the meantime, anything on a commercial site is fair game.

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

I'd like to add that I think W+H denim (at least the f/w 07 edition) is great. Got some really nice details.

9. robin

robin Senior member

Wings + Horns actually has a great lineup this FW. I've never understood the marketing on the CYC front of not ever showing anything.

There is a killer hunting jacket, and a fleece surplus sweater that I have on preorder from Farinelli's. I am hoping that Craig lets me post some pictures soon, but in the meantime, anything on a commercial site is fair game.

Is there anything in their buffalo check? Scarves? Blankets?

10. LA Guy

Is there anything in their buffalo check? Scarves? Blankets?

I wasn't looking for that, so I don't really remember, but there may have been some scarves. I think that they were going to a smaller check. The colors (things like oak and dark brown) are perfect for fall winter, and really rich, and the hunting jacket is just... awesome. What I call the surplus sweater is a great alternative to the now ubiquitous shawl collar (also back, in incarnation 3), as well.

Anyway, I just emailed Craig, and we will see what images he will give me access to.

Fok.

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Sorry, didn't realize that Roden Gray had already posted these, but at least there's some fit pics. W+H JP http://www.bros-o-store.net/products/list45.html [​IMG] [​IMG] 90%Cotton, 10%Poly, 25oz. [​IMG] (I believe Kane showed this piece to us, either here or @ SuFu awhile back)

12. constant struggle

13. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

I know I shouldn't, but I kind of like the multicolored tiger fleece.

14. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

do any bay area retailers carry W+H? I know barney's carried some denims before, but that's all i know

15. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

^^^August in Oakland and Barneys in SF. American Rag used to and so did Huf, which carries Reigning Champ.

16. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

17. LA Guy

that hoodie is HIDEOUS.

I will agree with that. Wings+Horns had a real
    streetwear approach in it's infancy, and some of those designs come from that time.

18. constant struggle

I've just calculated my potential F/W Damage...
    I think im going to hit around $2k
    ouch, nothing compared to some of you though

19. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

1 - Rag & Bone wool duffle coat

2 - from Alden Shoes of Carmel AF88 - Dark Brown Calfskin Plain High Boot with Commando Sole

20. delirium

delirium Senior member

I've just calculated my potential F/W Damage...
    I think im going to hit around $2k
    ouch, nothing compared to some of you though

Sale time? D: good luck! hopefully the no purchases july was worth it :].