• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not really that short, but the shoulders are quite narrow for the chest size. OP, can you double check the shoulder measurement?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't sold on ebay in about 3 years but I decided to throw a couple things on there. I know the pictures are really, really bad...but I may have started them off a bit low? Or at least should've had a reserve, possibly? Haha...guess I'll learn! I was really hoping these would pull through for me in getting some extra money for birthdays coming up.

Kiton 100% lana wool SC EU54/US44

Kiton 100% lana wool blazer

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to help you out, but your measurements seem a bit off man...the dinner jacket is marked as a 44-46R but only has a 20" pit to pit ...that's insanely small for a 44-46 (especially when the waist is only .5" smaller), even for a DB, so make sure you're measuring right. Same with the other one...a 21" p2p is slightly more believable for a 44, but that still may be off, and since the other one is definitely off, you might want to double check. Good luck!!

I haven't sold on ebay in about 3 years but I decided to throw a couple things on there. I know the pictures are really, really bad...but I may have started them off a bit low? Or at least should've had a reserve, possibly? Haha...guess I'll learn! I was really hoping these would pull through for me in getting some extra money for birthdays coming up.

Kiton 100% lana wool SC EU54/US44

Kiton 100% lana wool blazer

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call..that was the other thing that stuck out to me: the shoulders are insanely narrow for a 42. Second on asking for a shoulder remeasure...and BOC length re-measure while you're at it (praying for 31.5+)

It's not really that short, but the shoulders are quite narrow for the chest size. OP, can you double check the shoulder measurement?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to help you out, but your measurements seem a bit off man...the dinner jacket is marked as a 44-46R but only has a 20" pit to pit (especially when the waist is only .5" smaller) ...that's insanely small for a 44-46, even for a DB, so make sure you're measuring right. Same with the other one...a 21" p2p is slightly more believable for a 44, but that still may be off, and since the other one is definitely off, you might want to double check. Good luck!!

Actually I just realized that you could be completely right. I must have been sleep-walking that night; I have no clue. The p2p is still only 21" by my measurement on the blazer just now, however. Remeasured entirely and revised, thank you. Definitely did not mean to mark it that big; I guess I just had something else on my mind. My apologies.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem man, quite gorgeous jackets...good luck!!

Actually I just realized that you could be completely right. I must have been sleep-walking that night; I have no clue. The p2p is still only 21" by my measurement on the blazer just now, however. Remeasured entirely and revised, thank you.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan 100% Cashmere Loro Piana sportcoat. Double vented, size ~48. Less than 8 hrs left, still only $16:

$(KGrHqZ,!hQE8ki)e)ghBPJ0PjMP0g~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25098400953...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_3323wt_1396

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good call..that was the other thing that stuck out to me: the shoulders are insanely narrow for a 42.  Second on asking for a shoulder remeasure...and BOC length re-measure while you're at it (praying for 31.5+

I just saw the questions - sorry for the delay. The measurements are odd since this is true bespoke (not just a tag-word) making it hard to label it a 40 / 42 L (best for a 40 L with alterations or a 42 L with narrower shoulders).

I just checked again and I'm embarrassed to say I was off about 0.25" on the shoulder and length measurements. :embar:

C: 22 1/2"
S:26"
SH: 17 1/2"
L: 31"
(Bottom of collar)

Last edited:

Adarael

Reaction score
I just saw the questions - sorry for the delay. The measurements are odd since this is true bespoke (not just a tag-word) making it hard to label it a 40 / 42 L (best for a 40 L with alterations or a 42 L with narrower shoulders).
I just checked again and I'm embarrassed to say I was off about 0.25" on the shoulder and length measurements.
shog[1].gif

C: 22 1/2"
S:26"
SH: 17 1/2"
L: 31"
(Bottom of collar)

Hmm. That is pretty much perfect for my build...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads