• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to kitonbrioni?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, I also think that it is KitonBrioni who passed away. RIP. Incidentally, I thought of his wardrobe and Spoo at the same time.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
scrooge111.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
awww :confused:

goodbye KB.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps it might be better for the endangered species of this world, especially alligators. There wasn't many days when KitonBrioni didn't have at least one item made from alligator, whether it was watch straps, shoes, belts.

I guess you need a fauna update. The American Alligator is not an Endangered Species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_alligator

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The follow-up with the flag and the bullets though?

I he were entitled to a Military Funeral, and it appears that he was, the Casket Flag and the
shell casings from the rifle salute are given to the familiy, I believe.

kungapa

Reaction score

^ This.
Ive messaged the contact on his blogspot offering my condolences and asked to clarify who it was. My guess is the female in the pics is his daughter, and she was the one who actually did the uploading and forum posts for him.
I hate to be forward at a time like this, as I really genuinely feel bad - as KB was a forum staple when I first started posting and as you can see I started this thread a long time ago wondering about him.... but I am DYING to know what is going to happen to his wardrobe. I would do anything to have the chance to sell it...

On the one hand, the part about selling it is a bit insensitive. It comes off as crass.

On the other hand, his wardrobe was obviously something KitonBrioni loved and cared deeply for - his blog and participation at SF is evidence enough of this, and obviously his children understand that enough to make a post about the funeral on the blog. It is - in a matter of speaking - a defining aspect of his public internet life. It is him, and it is his legacy. That is not to diminish any other accomplishments of this man - however, other aspects of his life he did not choose to share publicly on the forum. Of course the members of the forum are going to have an interest in what happens to such an epic wardrobe. That interest is not an expression of greed or want, but an expression and interest of understanding the legacy of a specific aspect of that man's life, the specific aspect that we have interfaced with.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the one hand, the part about selling it is a bit insensitive. It comes off as crass.
On the other hand, his wardrobe was obviously something KitonBrioni loved and cared deeply for - his blog and participation at SF is evidence enough of this, and obviously his children understand that enough to make a post about the funeral on the blog. It is - in a matter of speaking - a defining aspect of his public internet life. It is him, and it is his legacy. That is not to diminish any other accomplishments of this man - however, other aspects of his life he did not choose to share publicly on the forum. Of course the members of the forum are going to have an interest in what happens to such an epic wardrobe. That interest is not an expression of greed or want, but an expression and interest of understanding the legacy of a specific aspect of that man's life, the specific aspect that we have interfaced with.

Amen.

JensenH

Reaction score
When KB's demise has not yet been ascertained, talks about getting his wardrobe with the intent to profit from it reflects real class.

miran

Reaction score

I wonder what Spoo would say about Vox's wardrobe.

Somebody has passed away, and condolences to their family. I think it's clear from that final funeral tribute post that it was the person who was featured in that blog.
I still remember vividly the Wednesday evening in mid-spring 2005, when I stumbled onto Kitonbrioni's blog. A friend and I had a good laugh that day. As others pointed out, the wardrobe was overflowing with clichéd luxury--cashmere, shearling, alligator everywhere. Nothing seemed to fit, it all swamped what seemed to be a frail old man. I periodically checked the blog over the past 6 years, often going through the archives.
I think he enjoyed himself in that blog, which was good...and he made someone else laugh...which was even better.

You mean F Corbera...
I will accept any donations from Vox or even better RSS...

Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?

Voxsartoria's shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills. I had read about Imelda Marcos...but seeing Voxsartoria's photos was another experience...
The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?
Voxsartoria shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills.
The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...
[/quote]

Are you a stalker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads