1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to kitonbrioni?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 29, 2011.

1. forex

forex Senior member

I wonder what Spoo would say about Vox's wardrobe.

2. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

Yeah but having no censor for whats appropriate to say and when is crass. I understand how the mind works, and as someone who has a predilection for thinking terrible thoughts at inappropriate times I've learned over time to keep that under control. That's all im saying. We don't even know if he's passed and you're already asking questions about his wardrobe.

3. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

No, we got you, we just didn't say anything because it seemed not totally okay to do so.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Agree to disagree then, and lets move on. If you care to go on about it, PM me. No need to do so further here.

5. forex

forex Senior member

You are an insensitive prick, eat it.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:)

7. forex

forex Senior member

On a serious note, I also think that it is KitonBrioni who passed away. RIP. Incidentally, I thought of his wardrobe and Spoo at the same time.

8. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

awww :confused:

goodbye KB.

1 person likes this.
  10. comrade

comrade Senior member

I guess you need a fauna update. The American Alligator is not an Endangered Species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_alligator

1 person likes this.
  11. chogall

chogall Senior member

12. comrade

comrade Senior member

I he were entitled to a Military Funeral, and it appears that he was, the Casket Flag and the
    shell casings from the rifle salute are given to the familiy, I believe.

13. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

On the one hand, the part about selling it is a bit insensitive. It comes off as crass.

On the other hand, his wardrobe was obviously something KitonBrioni loved and cared deeply for - his blog and participation at SF is evidence enough of this, and obviously his children understand that enough to make a post about the funeral on the blog. It is - in a matter of speaking - a defining aspect of his public internet life. It is him, and it is his legacy. That is not to diminish any other accomplishments of this man - however, other aspects of his life he did not choose to share publicly on the forum. Of course the members of the forum are going to have an interest in what happens to such an epic wardrobe. That interest is not an expression of greed or want, but an expression and interest of understanding the legacy of a specific aspect of that man's life, the specific aspect that we have interfaced with.

14. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Amen.

15. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

When KB's demise has not yet been ascertained, talks about getting his wardrobe with the intent to profit from it reflects real class.

16. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You mean F Corbera...

I will accept any donations from Vox or even better RSS...

17. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

This thread will get mighty awkward if it isn't Kb who has passed away.

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I thought exactly the same thing..

19. miran

miran Senior member

Somebody has passed away, and condolences to their family. I think it's clear from that final funeral tribute post that it was the person who was featured in that blog.
    I still remember vividly the Wednesday evening in mid-spring 2005, when I stumbled onto Kitonbrioni's blog. A friend and I had a good laugh that day. As others pointed out, the wardrobe was overflowing with clich├ęd luxury--cashmere, shearling, alligator everywhere. Nothing seemed to fit, it all swamped what seemed to be a frail old man. I periodically checked the blog over the past 6 years, often going through the archives.
    I think he enjoyed himself in that blog, which was good...and he made someone else laugh...which was even better.

Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?

Voxsartoria's shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills. I had read about Imelda Marcos...but seeing Voxsartoria's photos was another experience...
    The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?
    Voxsartoria shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills.
    The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...
    [/quote]

Are you a stalker?