• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you wear that is P I N K?

hye

Reaction score
Pink (salmon?) Polo shirts... Pink dress shirt with contrasting white collar and French cuffs... beige Pantherella dress socks with pink heels and toes... pink neckties.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
For all the hooplah, apparently it doesn't make that much of an impact, unless you're wearing something really pink.

The guys may be clueless, but women notice, and appreciate, pink.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
The guys may be clueless, but women notice, and appreciate, pink.

Do you think it's still like that though? It's become so common in the summer months I see it as almost a blue in terms of 'normalness'.

But I'm a guy, so maybe I am clueless. Could be right.

argoth

Reaction score
Pink ties, shirts, and squares only for me. Purple on the other hand...
inlove.gif

Arg

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Do you think it's still like that though? It's become so common in the summer months I see it as almost a blue in terms of 'normalness'.

But I'm a guy, so maybe I am clueless. Could be right.

I actually think the guys notice, but most guys I know are reluctant to comment and especially reluctant to compliment another guy.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pink shirts - one solid Oxford and one check
Ties - one solid pink, a couple more with pink stripes in them
Rugby top that is sort of between pink and plum

Would like to get a pink jumper one day.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own something pink in almost everything I would normally wear. Shirts, ties, pocket squares, sweaters, tees, trousers, scarves, braces, socks, boxers, belts, cuff links, shoes. Pink pin/rope/bead stripes are on my list for suits, as are tweeds with pink overpanes or the sort, and rose linen.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yes, but that's how they knew he didn't really go to Oxford. I have a fair bit of pink in a variety of shades: some shirts (both business and casual), plenty of ties, pocket squares, the occasional jumper. That's about it I think.
Pardon me, but I've never gotten how clothing has to do with where one goes for education. It's not like anyone here says, "Oh, you must be a UF man judging by your hoodies and jeans!!!" Perhaps I'm missing something. Oh, and I own a pink spread collar shirt.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Pardon me, but I've never gotten how clothing has to do with where one goes for education.

My reply was a direct reference to a character's comment in the Great Gatsby. If you've read the book, you'll know it's entirely consistent with the shallowness of the characters therein (if you haven't, read it; it's a wonderful book).

Do I personally believe you can judge one's education by clothing? No. But there are trends. But anyone can don any outfit. Learning to carry yourself correctly in said outfit takes more time though, but is equally acheivable by anyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads