• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this black pinstripe suit? Business appropriate?

SilverSurfer

Reaction score
What do you think of this suit? Black with thin pinstripes. Would it be business appropriate? I never wear my black suit at the office, but I know pinstripes soften the formality of black...

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's fine for the office, though not very attractive to these eyes.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoulders and waist leaves much to be desired. Looks like sleeves are a tad too long as well.

Black with pinstripes is business-friendly, to answer the question.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I can't really tell. The sleeve tag looks authentic and indicates it's from the Collezioni line - midrange, and fused.

I'm not sure about that gray hang tag though, I haven't seen that before but perhaps it's something new.

I think the 'Giorgio Armani' in black at the top of the pics was throwing me off, as that is the Black Label logo, not the Collezioni.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On second though, this suit by the same seller really makes me think something is fishy, as the sleeve tag is black rather than white. In regards to my previous post, Armani Collezioni suits should have a white hang tag resembling this:
ac_1.JPG
So I would procede with caution.

Eskie

Reaction score
I wonder why it's listed as 90% wool, not 100%. That is a little odd for Armani White.

kdsvs

Reaction score
That suit doesn't look very good form the photo. Black pinstripes are okay for business, but probably not the most conservative OR stylish option. IMO, black pinstripe suits with that cut are very common among not-well-dressed guys.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go with black pinstripes, a more shaped DB would look a lot better. It just gives off a "I'm powerful, don't mess with me" kind of vibe.
inlove.gif

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Can you post a link to the auction, it looks fake to me.

Agreed, that's definitely a fake. Hangtags are a dead giveaway.

There's an avalanche of fake Armani suits on eBay at the moment, easily over 50% of the search results are fakes.

There was a thread here the other week about Armani Collezione Authenticty with a few images in.

Morris

Reaction score
Aside from the authenticity of the garmet, be careful wearing something as striking at black pin/chalk stripes to the office.

I have a black w/ grey chalk that I only very occassionally wear to the office ... usually because I have a near formal event in the evening. During the day I feel a bit too formal for business dress.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doesn't have much personality if you ask me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads