• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You Think Of The Smartest Man In The World?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's bitter.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm...interesting to say the least. I previously thought Stephen Hawking's IQ was reported as 200+ but apparently it is undocumented and he scoffs at the idea of a measured IQ. Gotta read more about this guy. How did you hear of him?

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hmmm...interesting to say the least. I previously thought Stephen Hawking's IQ was reported as 200+ but apparently it is undocumented and he scoffs at the idea of a measured IQ. Gotta read more about this guy. How did you hear of him?

I was watching a Houston Public television show called The Atheist Experience on Youtube and someone called in and asked what they thought about this guy and his views on god. He was implying that the atheists don't know what they're talking about since this guy apparently believes in god and he's the smartest guy in the world.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High IQ is one thing, using it to better the world, not thats something.

3cyr3

Reaction score
Smartest man in America maybe, but America =/= World

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was watching a Houston Public television show called The Atheist Experience on Youtube and someone called in and asked what they thought about this guy and his views on god. He was implying that the atheists don't know what they're talking about since this guy apparently believes in god and he's the smartest guy in the world.

Speaking of things that are smart, your signature isn't. Moreover, it is gay.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Smartest man in America maybe, but America =/= World

I think it is the world, no? He was supposed to go into the Guinness Book of World Records but they eliminated the category (according to him).

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stories of him being abused by other kids and step dads really upset me.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I list the smartest people I know, the are all firm believers in God. IN fact my Quantum Physics professor is also a vicar. It kinda seems like there is only so far science will take you, and at some point God is the most rational answer. I'm almost glad that I'm stupid enough to be atheist.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's also this guy:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

but this guy (if you can sit though his breathy monotone) really knows how to compare relative high intelligence including the factoring in of actual accomplishments. there are 4 parts all in all and I actually ended up really agreeing with his top choice (and finding someone interesting to read up on).

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

You never really want to just brush off those who score so high on those intelligence exams. Langan may actually prove his theorem correct and publish it. But having pure intelligence like that and just scoring high on those exams is just a component in the whole scheme of things.

Last edited:

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You never really want to just brush off those who score so high on those intelligence exams. Langan may actually prove his theorem correct and publish it. But having pure intelligence like that and just scoring high on those exams is just a component in the whole scheme of things.

Yup. People like Langan do themselves a huge disservice by cloistering themselves off from the scientific/academic community. It's like having a 800hp car, but never practicing with it at the track.

If we want to talk about extremely high-IQ people with actual accomplishments, Edward Witten is the first that comes to mind. He's worth a thousand Langans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hmm...so he worked as a bouncer? so he's not even an egghead that you can beat the **** out of...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads