• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do we think about RLPL Orsett?

KhalidAZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pclldo
As to being caught dead in them, it was my girlfriend's suggestion that got me to start wearing them in the first place. She made a point of taking me to Paul Stuart to look for them several years ago in NYC.

I wear them maybe 6-8 times a year, way down south in North Carolina, and I have received nothing but compliments for them. Women in particular seem to think it's cool that a guy would go to the trouble to find and wear them and be confident in them- "sexy shoes" is the most common thing I get about them from women- as opposed to the scuffed up black Gucci horsebit loafers their boyfriend is wearing with his notch lapel two-button tuxedo and shiny satin long tie.

Wear them with pride my friend.

I must tell you however that I am a southern boy from way down south - with quite a bit of extended family in North Carolina. So perhaps it is forgiven for me to say what I am about to tell you. Southern people have a tongue in cheek sense of humor. They are always polite unless for some reason they are about to kill you. So for the record - if it is a SOUTHERN woman saying "sexy shoes" - I would not immediately assume that to be complimentary. It could just as well be tongue-in-cheek saying (translated to NYC speak) - OH MY GOD!!!!!!! And not in a good way either.....

Just a bit of southern culture.

If they make you happy - then - you are definitely the person they were made for. They must have been made for SOMEBODY after all.

For myself - I stand by my original comment and opinion - 100%.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump. I wonder what % of guys here are "man" enough to wear these shoes. I just got a pair, and will check it out when it arrives. so, SF, do YOU wear opera pumps like these when wearing black tie. say, at your own wedding?
411FPeS5unL._AA280_.jpg

BerryWall

Reaction score
I have a pair and like them. I also wear a pair of black velvet Belgians and an embroidered pair of black velvet Stubbs and Wooton slippers. Choice depends on the setting. Oh, I forgot: I also have a pair of monogrammed Albert slippers from some forgotten English maker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads