• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hotdogs?

You need to go to Reykjavik just for the hot dogs at that famous stand in the center of the city. I ate 4 in a 3 day stretch. I have never, ever had a hotdog that even came close to being that good.

Ha! Only around these parts would someone proclaim, "You want a good hot dog? You need to go to Reykjavik!"

I've always wanted to travel to Iceland. I don't particularly like hot dogs, but I'll try one if I ever make it out there.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Bb4pC.jpg

7r2pS.jpg

plating disaster, prep is in the ingredients thread :(
that 2-year aged remeker is yummy :)

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thanks m ~ i meant the figs weren't nicely arranged on top of the fungus after coming out of the foil. oh and the bread was there just to mop up the juices at the end, of course

what would be a good substitute for portobellos ? i don't mind them but would rather try something else (doesn't have to be a fungus, i just can't think of anything :embar:)

recipe originally called for mascarpone and crumbled gorgonzola, neither of which i had in the fridge. and since mascarpone is something like 24093 calories per tea spoon i just used low-fat greek yoghurt, sweetened slightly with confiture de figues so wasn't sour

Last edited:

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iceland is wonderful... people, landscapes, and the capital is a great place to spend a couple of days.

The hot dogs in question are insane... the frankfurter itself is much better than the normal hotdog one gets. The bread is quite good, and then they put onions, and then these crispy fried onions underneath. It's topped with their mustard and a sort of mayonnaise (which you know I don't always like.) You should always order it "with everything.." it costs next to nothing (300kr) and it's best to go to the famous one that's been there for 70 years, where Bill Clinton went.

It's probably the best western street food I've had.

Also had unbelievably good fish and chips there. Most of the fish I had was really, really great. Also ate whale and puffin a few times.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Damn, whale and puffin? You must be a big Anthony Bourdain fan! Are you on a No Reservations tour? I think it would be so fun to go visit all the real authentic places he visited. I'm jealous!

:D

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, whale and puffin? You must be a big Anthony Bourdain fan! Are you on a No Reservations tour? I think it would be so fun to go visit all the real authentic places he visited. I'm jealous!

:D

Ya, Tony Bourdain is RAD!!!!! I was in Iceland and o how I wished to be a Viking!

What a ***.

Anyway, minke whale was good. Very high in heavy metals so probably not good to eat it too often. Puffin, being a seabird, is quite fishy. Had it seared and also smoked. Nice taste. Whale, every time, was served very much like a piece of flank steak. Both ingredients are fairly widely available so it really isn't some big stretch to eat either of them in iceland.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edit... way too late to the joke.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My lady went to Nagasaki and came back with an assortment of whale meat foodstuffs; whale curry rice, whale jerky, et al. Gave them all away because i only like killing animals with legs or tiny heads.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Kind of tapas at home.

Chickpea fritters (panisses:)

Awesome food, and I even thought for a second there that you made a smiley face emoticon... and then I realized I was wrong :fu:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some lasagne. Recipe from Marcella Hazan. Didn't like it that much - a little too much Parmiggiano for me..

IMG_0772.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads