• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tried a great taqueria tonight: El Rey Del Taco. Had five tacos with homemade tortilla for less than $10--two al pastor, one chorizo, one flat meat, and one pork stomach. When I was leaving the cook was chopping up some beef tongue and it was OK (never had tongue before). Just tasted like a boring brisket. Their guacomole was facking fantastic. A lightly smashed fresh as fok avocado with some tomato, just enough lime, fresh onion...my word

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
restaurant leftovers, albeit not bad ones.

filet mignon chesapeake style, plus what was left of a pasta dish from a local restaurant: shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat over saffron linguine with lobster thermidor sauce.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
went to the local British pub last nite with the Mrs and friends

had a cornish pastie w/beans & chips....a pint of Old Speckled Hen to wash it down

they were out of the steak & mushroom pie, the bastards

bramiro

Reaction score
2 slices of pizzas and chicken wings.

i.gif

i.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
went to a really great place for dinner last night - mixed mezza, with 2-3 types of eggplant and a few other things. half an order of iskander kapab, which is sort of like an uber gyro/swarma, and half an order of pistatio kapab.

today for lunch, went to one of the best resteraunts in town. large mixed mezza, including grape leaves, stuffed eggplant, some type of grilled lamb sausage. then, 4 different types of grilled meats, 2 types of rice, mashed potatos, creamed spinach. baclava. coffee.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
went to a really great place for dinner last night - mixed mezza, with 2-3 types of eggplant and a few other things. half an order of iskander kapab, which is sort of like an uber gyro/swarma, and half an order of pistatio kapab.

today for lunch, went to one of the best resteraunts in town. large mixed mezza, including grape leaves, stuffed eggplant, some type of grilled lamb sausage. then, 4 different types of grilled meats, 2 types of rice, mashed potatos, creamed spinach. baclava. coffee.

Turkey or Germany? I have had pretty amazing Turkish food in both places.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Peppers prepared Macedonian style (roasted, peeled, then fried in a little bit of vegetable oil with crumbled feta cheese and egg). Doesn't look like much, but it's absolutely delicious.

piperka.jpg

I am tempted to try that with eggplant.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
Turkey or Germany? I have had pretty amazing Turkish food in both places.

Istanbul, I've had pretty good turkish food in germany, but the food here is fantastic.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
I am tempted to try that with eggplant.

That would be very interesting, maybe I'll try that too. Also, sometimes we add diced tomatoes in at the end and some flour to form a thick kind of sauce.

This can be a side dish, but in the villages, it's often eaten as the main dish.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
i had halal food for the first time yesterday. lamb over rice w/ the white sauce and hot sauce. tasty and filling for $5. anyone know the best halal food stand/cart?
I walk by The King of Falafel and Shawarma on the way home everyday. And if I don't fight my urges, I'd probably eat here 2-3 times/week and be a balloon by end of the summer. Oh, I forgot what I came here to post. Found a little Frech cafe tonight. Had a fantastic crab cake for app, then salmon crepe for main, and peach preserve/walnut crepe for dessert. Not so cheap, but was very nice.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
a lot of margaritas, tons of guac, chicken burrito and a taco = bad hangover + epic duece.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuing to experiment with home made pizza, this time on the grill:

img0119c.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for lunch I had a quasadilla in Istanbul - I found it sort of funny, I have tacos al pastor, which is basically a corruption of doner, in mexico all the time.

for dinner went to a place on the bosphorus, accessible only by boat - they send one to pick you up - very romantic. I wish I had my wife with me instead of business assosiates.

simple mezze, including eggplant. shrimp, calamari, and a borek made with duck and currants as an appetizer. chicken in coffee and ginger sauce for main. rasberry and caramel sorbets for dessert.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads