• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Pretty sedate weekend by my standards....started out rough on Thursday - a bunch of us all up in Hanoi at the same time, hit some club called Face. Drank recklessly....suffered Friday for it.

Flew back to SGN on an 8pm flight, got in around 10, and was supposed to meet all my friends at this month's Dose party - big poolside affair - but I have to admit, got home, showered and changed, thought 'ill just rest for 10 minutes' and by the time my eyes reopened, it was Saturday and I had dozens of missed calls and texts. Oops

Saturday night - my ex gf's sister is a moderately prominent fashion designer here, and was opening a new store, so had the opening event for that. Was a night with a huge potential for ickiness - my current, my ex, her new (who is my friend), but in the end it all went very well. Lots of people from my ex's world who I (obviously) had not seen much of in the past few months, and great to catch up with them all. First time my ex and my current had met, and they got along well...was a good night. Glad I went.

Went from there to have sushi, and unfortunately the evening turned on us at that point, with both of us getting ill. Bailed and were home in bed by like 12. Didnt really surface from bed til Monday morning. This is both a good and a bad thing :)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
I never went to sleep last night. Had a lady come over around 4am when she got off work. Sat out in the heat drinking gin and tonics until the sun came up. Then we went to the beach. Fell asleep in 105 F heat drinking rum in the sand.
I heartily approve of this behavior! Did you get burnt up sleeping on the beach?
Originally Posted by m@T
Went from there to have sushi, and unfortunately the evening turned on us at that point, with both of us getting ill. Bailed and were home in bed by like 12. Didnt really surface from bed til Monday morning. This is both a good and a bad thing :)
Was it from bad sushi, too much alcohol, or a combination of both?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Was it from bad sushi, too much alcohol, or a combination of both?
probably a little of both I guess. We weren't really drunk, a few champagnes over the night, and then one of those little sake-flask things with the sushi. It affected us, shall we say, differently....me mostly Sun, her Sat night.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another night in Bangkok...
devil.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Where'd you go?

I've had some wicked nights in that town....there's one bar in Soi Nana that particularly stands out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no idea where I went...first I think we started in Sukhamvit and then hit up Patpong for some touristy "shows" which were entertaining enough, then ended up at an after hours club in some hotel (too drunk to remember name) that was mostly locals (
inlove.gif
), then ended up bringing a bunch of people from the club to my friend's amazing corporate apartment and drinking until 7am, then ended up going home to my hotel/hostel and stayed up til 10:30am there having fun until I finally decided to go to sleep.

Is it just me or does every Thai girl sweat foreigners whether they are prosts or not?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
depends where you go. In the places you are likely to have gone, yes. Some of them may actually even be girls.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
depends where you go. In the places you are likely to have gone, yes. Some of them may actually even be girls.

Honestly I was amazed when my wallet remained intact, she didn't have a penis, and did not ask for money for a cab ride home.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started out the saturday with some shopping and cigars at my regular lounge. After that it was dinner with friends, and from there drove to a different city for drinks and clubbing. Managed to get home at around 4 or 5 at night, but had to get up at 9 on sunday.

Knocked back a few coffee's and went out to the beach to this : http://www.bloomingdaleaanzee.com/ place, for some sun/sand and wine. stayed the afternoon, and drove to the other side of the country to cook the dinner I promised my father for fathersday.

all in all a tiring but satisfying weekend..

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Honestly I was amazed when my wallet remained intact, she didn't have a penis, and did not ask for money for a cab ride home.
The pimp game is strong with this one

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I heartily approve of this behavior!

Did you get burnt up sleeping on the beach?

I'm glad you do, but my head certainly didn't the next morning. Nor did the rest of my body, as the girl and I attempted to swim about a mile back to the surfing competition across the coastline in a strong tide/wind with beers in our hands.

Didn't get burned, as the only "sleeping" you can do in heat like that is in spurts of like 15 minutes at a time. Consequently, I got in the Atlantic every hour or so and then re-applied sunscreen after drying off. Awesome time, though. Watched the US perform a miracle and advance to the semifinals of the Confederations Cup (with a little help from our Brazilian friends stomping Italy 3-0), then passed out.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roof top party hosted by my apartment staff. They supplied the undercooked hot dogs and we had to bring our own booze. Still had a good time with my roomate and some guests we snuck in (residents only = lame). We also "enjoyed" some parrot bay (key lime flavor) and evan williams. Next time I'm buying the drinks myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics