• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
friday, evening of talking over bottles of wine in the evening sun.. A bit shocked when the bill came, didnt realise (or knew) that we (could) drink that much.. not surprisingly I wasnt on the top of my game on saturday and turned in early yesterday, but did have a great afternoon with considerably less wine but a lot more cigars
smile.gif

this might actually be a good thing as I have to work this sunday
frown.gif

Tell me about it. I wish I could lower my tolerance. My bank balance would thank me

K

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Tell me about it. I wish I could lower my tolerance. My bank balance would thank me

K

well, to be fair, we could have seen it coming. the bartender at one point remarked: "you two want yet another bottle?" and started laughing.. owh well, it was a great evening and by tomorrow I can thank korsakoff for not remembering that bill anyway
wink.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, to be fair, we could have seen it coming. the bartender at one point remarked: "you two want yet another bottle?" and started laughing.. owh well, it was a great evening and by tomorrow I can thank korsakoff for not remembering that bill anyway
wink.gif

Ya, I'm a member of the korsakoff club also. You spend any time in the bar of the same name in Amsterdam?

K

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Ya, I'm a member of the korsakoff club also. You spend any time in the bar of the same name in Amsterdam?

K

cant remember
lol8[1].gif

I've been there maybe once or twice, not really my kind of scene to be honest.. but I generally do end up in that sort of club when I go all out..

these days I usually go out to Utrecht as I have more friends living there. Actually have a 80s 90s party coming up this weekend there, at this place : http://www.nachtwinkel.nl/ .. perhaps ill post some pics to one up m@tt with his epic stories
wink.gif

dizzhizz

Reaction score
saw transformers 2 (bleh)
ate chicken + draft beer
drank more beer
did a load of laundry

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cant remember
lol8[1].gif

I've been there maybe once or twice, not really my kind of scene to be honest.. but I generally do end up in that sort of club when I go all out..

these days I usually go out to Utrecht as I have more friends living there. Actually have a 80s 90s party coming up this weekend there, at this place : http://www.nachtwinkel.nl/ .. perhaps ill post some pics to one up m@tt with his epic stories
wink.gif

Wasnt really my scene either, but it was open late and friends liked going there at the end of a particularly rowdy night. Surprisingly friendly crowd though.

I never spent much time in Utrecht. Most of my friends were in Amsterdam / hague / rotterdam.

80s / 90s partly looks cool. Look forward to hearing about it.

K

xpress

Reaction score
Canada day celebrations at a local pub/club on a wharf....

Great time! By 12:00 there was a 2 hour lineup to get in.... So maybe it was a little too packed

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh. Crashed a GW Masters in Political Management (WTF?) networking event at a bar on Capitol Hill. Free drinks. So hung out for about an hour or so. Bar hopped up Pennsylvania avenue until about 11. Along the way drank and smoked more than I should've.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im improving, can still remember all of last night
smile.gif

Planned the day as a one to enjoy myself, figured I earned it after last two weeks. Started out in a cigar lounge, and had some great coffee with a couple cigars I'd been saving to smoke, went to the golfcourse to play 9 holes. Stayed at the golfcourse for a while, served great white beer. Afterwards had a bbq at a friends place with generous amounts of wine.. Decided the day wasnt over, and went to a bar owned by an acquintance.. Had a couple more beers, and started my personal revenge campaign against the friend I was with..

(got sunburned pretty badly last weekend, and he thought it was funny to remind me of that fact by slapping me on the back every 15 minutes).

anyway, I could just return the favor as he was burned pretty badly as well. But, a couple of beers provided enough inspiration for a different method. during the whole night I explained the situation to girls I thought had a sence of humor, who then proceeded to flirt with him and rub his back at the spot where it hurt the most.. The look on his face when he was fighting the pain and trying not to show it to the girl was great
smile.gif

after that bar we went to a club and partied through most of the night, at least untill closing time, which was way to early for us.. As the only place that is open at that time is a strip club we figured we could go there for our last couple of beers. Stayed there untill we ran out of coupons to pass onto the strippers and went home around six'ish..

made one critical error at that point, I had forgotten I had given my keys to a friend, for reasons I still cant fathom. But I only realised this when I had taken a cabride home, and stood in front of my own door.. So I could walk back to the strip club for 20 minutes as I couldnt use my cellphone to call another cab(empty), got back my keys, had another beer for the hell of it and walked home again as I figured it would improve my hangover...

Found out it didnt when I woke up at around 1 o clock in the afternoon... But damn, that was a great night
devil.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I should have hopped a flight to NL.

K

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the arch in St. Louis to watch the fireworks over the mississippi. I brought a flask of rye (Sazerac 6). Almost perfect night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads