• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can Kobe/Lebron do to surpass Jordan?

Interzone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
lol8[1].gif
@ thinking he can just back MJ up and then dunk every time. Maybe if MJ were 12 yrs old. Lebron is strong for his size but he isn't overly huge compared to MJ, and MJ isn't exactly weak in his prime either. Plus MJ isn't dumb enough to let Lebron do that all the time, he may get away with it once but no way he pulls that move off twice.

I don't even think Lebron can do that on CP3 every time.

You might not notice it in the pictures, but I've seen LeBron live and he is a massive dude. Kobe looks small next to him.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Interzone
You might not notice it in the pictures, but I've seen LeBron live and he is a massive dude. Kobe looks small next to him.

I've seen Lebron live, practically stood next to him too and he is huge (I'm 5'10") but MJ isn't the smallest guy in the world. And to anyone who has played basketball knows that posting up takes make than size and strength and you sure as hell can't just back someone up and dunk if you only have a 2 inch advantage. MJ isn't exactly a push over in his prime, he was pretty strong for his size too.

Interzone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I've seen Lebron live, practically stood next to him too and he is huge (I'm 5'10") but MJ isn't the smallest guy in the world. And to anyone who has played basketball knows that posting up takes make than size and strength and you sure as hell can't just back someone up and dunk if you only have a 2 inch advantage. MJ isn't exactly a push over in his prime, he was pretty strong for his size too.

I'm not playing the marsupialed comparison game, so I don't care who's stronger or better. I'm just saying that LeBron is a much bigger player than Kobe, who I assume is similar in size to Mike, so it's a bit disingenous to say that LeBron "only" has a 2 inch advantage.

Suave

Reaction score
jordan actually looked down upon lebron and hated on him for joining the heat with wade and bosh

he said that back in his day, he played against his top opponents (magic, bird, etc.) to findout who was superior, not try to join a team with them

hey, i mean lebron just wants a ring, and he didn't have a chance in clevland, so i understand his decision, i guess. . .

lebron will never amount to jordan, and kobe can with 3 more rings (consecutively)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mike4.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Interzone
I'm not playing the marsupialed comparison game, so I don't care who's stronger or better. I'm just saying that LeBron is a much bigger player than Kobe, who I assume is similar in size to Mike, so it's a bit disingenous to say that LeBron "only" has a 2 inch advantage.

If you are not comparing strengths, then what is the point of saying that Lebrons (6'8") looks massive compared to Kobe (6'6")? Fact is he does only have a 2" height advantage but is stronger, but that isn't all there is in a one on one game unless you are overwhelmingly taller and stronger.

And Carmelo is the same size as Lebron but Kobe managed to handle guarding him, Kobe managed to guard Lebron too despite his strength advantage. For people to think Lebron can just back him up and dunk to win a one on one game against MJ or Kobe is ridiculous.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
neither were arguably the best at their positions unless you just like to argue.

Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Silly to do this considering Magic and Barkley were the most unique players ever to bounce a ball: a 6'9" PG and a 6'4" PF who are arguably the best ever at their positions. There have never been players like them before or since.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thx, had no idea. <eye roll>

Originally Posted by ohm
um, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Br...l_assault_case

It's not if he should have left, it's how he should have left and where he should have gone to.

For what it's worth, I think we're unlikely to ever again see anyone with the same combination of talent and will to destroy that Jordan had.

Interzone

Reaction score
RFX45, you really need to reread my post. I'm not comparing their games. For one, I know that LeBron doesn't have any semblance of a post game, so stop already. I'm simply responding to your statement that LeBron &quot;isn't overly huge compared to MJ.&quot; I've been to a few dozen Lakers game over the last several years, and I've seen LeBron and Kobe side-by-side. LeBron is a much bigger player. That is all.

runner-guy

Reaction score
If Kobe wins another 1-2 titles, he will definitely be in the same conversation as Jordan. Lebron will never come close. If he was close to Jordan, he would have won at least 2 titles already.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
If Kobe wins another 1-2 titles, he will definitely be in the same conversation as Jordan. Lebron will never come close. If he was close to Jordan, he would have won at least 2 titles already.
Originally Posted by Shopparel
Neither will reach the level Jordan did. Lebron will never even be said in the same sentence due to the fact that he is on Wade's team now.
If Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron were all planets in the solar system, Kobe and Lebron can be called Pluto, not good enough to be considered a planet, but still something. I couldnt care less about Kobe, and Lebron was ok before the sold out. Id like for him to never win a title, but thats just me. I'd love to see a 1v1, Jordan now vs either, make it take it XD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads