• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can Kobe/Lebron do to surpass Jordan?

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm a Laker fan and I'll say that Kobe will never "pass" Jordan. Jordan was more dominant, by far. Kobe might end up with a more impressive career, due to longevity and starting at 17, but he wasn't at the same level. Kobe absolutely maxed out his potential, developed all of his skills and fully exploited his talents, but he wasn't as physically gifted as Jordan v. the League. If Kobe had Vince Carter's body and explosion with his own mind and attitude, he could have surpassed Jordan.

Lebron could pass Jordan if he lives up to his potential. He's such a freak - he has Magic's skill set with Karl Malone's body. Not sure if he has the the right mindset to reach his full potential.

This is dead on. I really don't think it matters how many Kobe wins because the eye test will always tell you Jordan is better. The way he moved on the court was just unique, Kobe has flashes but its not as polished overall. Kobe is a great player but it's never been clear cut that he's even the best player in the league. Jordan was head and shoulders above anyone from his era, he was the NBA in the 90s.

I like Kobe and I'm not a huge fan of Jordan as a person but this argument is only taking place because the Lakers are currently at the top of their game. In 20 years Jordan will still be the benchmark, Kobe will be added to the "everyone else" bucket with Bird, Magic, Wilt, Dr. J etc.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
This is dead on. I really don't think it matters how many Kobe wins because the eye test will always tell you Jordan is better. The way he moved on the court was just unique, Kobe has flashes but its not as polished overall. Kobe is a great player but it's never been clear cut that he's even the best player in the league. Jordan was head and shoulders above anyone from his era, he was the NBA in the 90s.

I like Kobe and I'm not a huge fan of Jordan as a person but this argument is only taking place because the Lakers are currently at the top of their game. In 20 years Jordan will still be the benchmark, Kobe will be added to the "everyone else" bucket with Bird, Magic, Wilt, Dr. J etc.

i dont know but i think LeBron could take the Jordan of the 90's on one on one,just too big

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
i dont know but i think LeBron could take the Jordan of the 90's on one on one,just too big
Bron has the heart of a hummingbird. Jordan would of destroyed his young psyche and he would of never recovered.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Right...

It's not like Jordan had any legit all stars and a HOF on his teams.
rolleyes.gif

Jordan never had a Shaq and Scotten Pippen is not Dwayne Wade.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's not just about championships/epic games. it's about your legacy as a whole.

it's unlikely imo that anyone will ever have the kind of legacy jordan had, even if someone like kobe ends up with 2-3 more rings/epic games etc.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...Get a World Series, or maybe a Superbowl ring to go along with six or seven NBA Championships.

You aren't going to surpass him in basketball, so you might as well try and get as close as you can, and then beat his pants off in Baseball.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific
nothing. jordan was an icon

True that, son.

but as far as a closer... I would take Kobe. Bryant has been more of an assassin than Jordan ever was.

Hahhahahahahahahhaaahahaha..

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Oh man, you had me dying there for a second. How old are you, 18?

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184

Agreed.

Lebron- Nothing. unless he starts another marketing firm and markets himself as a Jordan.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Agreed.

Lebron- Nothing. unless he starts another marketing firm and markets himself as a Jordan.

Not true. If Wade and Bosh sustain career-ending injuries and LeBron leads the hapless Heat to 10 championships in a row, all while becoming America's greatest humanitarian and apologizing for his sins, he will be in the same conversation as Jordan. Just sayin'.
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is laughable. I lol'd.

Scary to think Kobe could of had 7 rings by now. I think Jordan will always be the best guard, but as far as a closer... I would take Kobe. Bryant has been more of an assassin than Jordan ever was.

And if it wasn't for that choke artist Malone... Jordan would only have 5 rings. The Jazz should of beating the Bulls in their last run.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kobes mindset and skills combined with lebrons body.
now that beast could pass jordan. otherwise nothing.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
btw, kobe is a better human than MJ who really is/was a *************

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads