• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Competition is heating up!

0221da0.jpg

Going to get a haircut today
Uniqlo
EG belt
Black PBJ 005
Neil Barret boots

Oltmann

Reaction score
yeah, i went there
321sh1.jpg

RLPL polo
Rachel Comey cardigan - the one that was on clearance at Oak
5ep straight down
puma mihara

Halifamous

Reaction score
RyeGB: Pink Diors are so far from shark jumping it's ridiculous, props on pulling those off in the daytime, in the WINTER (Ok, you're in LA, whatever).
Originally Posted by Homme
Be interesting to see how creative you could get when it's too hot to wear jeans
This has NEVER happened.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Competition is heating up!

0221bz6.jpg

Going to get a haircut today
Uniqlo
EG belt
Black PBJ 005
Neil Barret boots

I never noticed this before, but is it just me, or does DD look a little bit like David Carradine?

Nice, everyone. Not a huge fan of the New Era fitted though, Cheap.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^^^
Hey DDML! Is it just me, or is that what would happen if you moved Falls Bridge to California? Suddenly cleaner, newer, and well-paved. (And ready to collapse in a massive earthquake at any moment.)

Joshua s

Reaction score
Rye, I really like that denim jacket.
*squints* Maybe it's this monitor, but those jeans look really.....white. Is it a really, really, faint pink or what? I just assumed they were white with a bit of sunshine making them look pinkish......
Whichever, they look good!

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I managed to find a spot were no one can see me. Yes I'm in the industry but I don't get free **** and I'm not whoring Rokara on a daily basis!!...only sometimes when the mood strikes. I didn't hem these so there's some serious stacking going on, which I don't mind.

I sort of meant that it would be ridiculous for say, someone like me to wear what you do sometimes; not b/c you ever look ridiculous - far from it - but you work in a creative industry and I am an office drone who occasionally goes to dive bars/indie shows on weekends. Make any sense? I also assume you have more contacts/hook-ups/trend and label awareness than many of us plebes...

I dunno, I'm just busting 'em a little bit...main thrust of the post is that you've got el mejor estilo.
nod[1].gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I never noticed this before, but is it just me, or does DD look a little bit like David Carradine?
Oh, I suppose they all look the same to you, huh Fok?
biggrin.gif
Also, anyone tempted enough by d_d's black PBJs to buy the unworn 34s I'm selling? [retreats back to B&S] And Sauce was right...the SuFu invasion is totally outta hand* - just when I was working up the courage to buy a camera...
frown.gif
*Although the Fus are all on point lately.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Damn, David Carradine, first time i've been mistaken for a white guy. He really exploits us with his Tai Chi videos. Bruce Lee where were you?!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oleg Cassini shades thrift blue shirt thrift Dior argyle (acrylic, 80's) Grifters custom Martegani monks
img0318gx6.jpg

Halifamous

Reaction score
Great look Baron. I like the combination of more modern styles with classic aesthetics. It allows you to look really good, and stylish, without looking like you're trying to dress like you're twenty.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Cheap - those look killer; true size, or down 1? They're almost great enough to outweight the bullsh** Yanks cap - wtf? Where's your FL love, b?
biggrin.gif

true to size... i nevert size down except my apc, and those i only sized down one insted of the standard 2.

about the yanks cap, they didnt have a florida one in my size when i found this... if it cost more than 10$ i wouldnt be wearing it.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
I sort of meant that it would be ridiculous for say, someone like me to wear what you do sometimes; not b/c you ever look ridiculous - far from it - but you work in a creative industry and I am an office drone who occasionally goes to dive bars/indie shows on weekends. Make any sense? I also assume you have more contacts/hook-ups/trend and label awareness than many of us plebes...

I dunno, I'm just busting 'em a little bit...main thrust of the post is that you've got el mejor estilo.
nod[1].gif

I wouldn't underestimate your knowledge in comparison to people within the industry. Of course there are some supremely talented and knowledgeable people, but there are far more morons deciding what to offer the consumer at large. I'm baffled how some of these people attain certain positions (sucking dong is the most obvious, but probably not the most used method when climbing the fashion ladder), ego massage maybe?, there are a lot of insecure fashionista's, not so much in LA compared to NYC.
I myself can sometimes become so immersed in my own projects that many trends, brands and items do pass me by often, only to be discovered here and in magazines. I wouldn't say working in the industry elevates me beyond anyone here. Sure I know the protocol, the logistics of producing clothes from pattern to wash process; I like the equality here, anyone regardless of age or occupation brings something to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads