• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

About half through Decline and Fall. It's alright. About as funny as most British comedies.

I tried to Waugh while stationed in Britain. Thought it might help. It didn't.

Got "Round About the Earth" going. Really enjoying it even if a slow read. This may sound like a knock but it isn't... one of the things I like about it is that it reads like the elementary school social studies textbooks (albeit with much more info, better writing etc) but just in a way where it really sells the action and dramatic flow from one explorer to the next. If that makes any sense.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully completed Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire?

Last edited:

NowSmile

Reaction score
Finished Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami. Starting A Wild Sheep Chase before bed tonight.

I've heard the former is much less bizarre than the latter so I'm eager to see what's in store next.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

A man from Morecambe believes his dog has found a rare piece of whale vomit while walking on the beach. Ken Wilman said when Madge the dog "started poking at a rather large stone" he realised it was unusual. He left the ambergris on the beach but "something triggered in my mind" and, after doing some research, he went back to get it. The substance, which is found in the digestive system of sperm whales, is valuable and used in perfume.

Mr Wilman said: "When I picked it up and smelled it I put it back down again and I thought 'urgh'.

"It has a musky smell, but the more you smell it the nicer the smell becomes."

He is now waiting to get the 3kg (7lb) piece tested and said he had been offered 50,000 euros (£43,000) for it by a French dealer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-21254718

An 8 year old found a lump of it last summer as well, also in the UK.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far this year

Umbrella by Will Self, a turgid interior novel set mainly in the mind of a psychiatrist and a patient who has been confined in an asylum for over 50 years. A hard read as a lot of the story was stream of consciousness and jumped from character to character.

Superman The Highflying History of Americas Most Enduring Hero by Larry Tye. A history of the inception, birth and commercial exploitation of Superman. Quite good also read Marvel Comics The Untold Story by Sean Howe last December highly recommend both of them.

The Teleportation Accident by Ned Beauman the trials and tribulation of one man's quest to get laid, well very over simplified but a very humours read I haven't laughed so much in years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads