• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of custom Hendriks in navy. Want to go for a contrasted look so I asked for sterling/white thread and nickel eyelets but now I'm wondering if the eyelets are going to be a bit too much. How do you pull off contrast so that the boots really pop?

mlwdp

Reaction score
I bought another Wesco, this time Romeo. I call it the “Un-Roller”. Basically the Roller Mag collab without the Roller stamp on the navy leather insert. Will receive in August. My other Horsehide boss boot order comes in July.

The Romeo price wasn’t too bad either.

CUSTOM FIT ROMEO
STYLE BURGLE100LLRaptMaltTC (Size: Form On File)
+Single-Tone:Burgundy Domain
+Round Toe
+Burlap Leather Lining
+Raptor Malt
+Do Not Ink Soles and Heels
+Lightweight Brown Upper Stitching
+White Outsole Stitching
+Black Elastic Goring
+Toe Caps
+Navy Leather Insert

Attachments

• D8206476-AE9F-4367-895A-334D0374B873.jpeg
    D8206476-AE9F-4367-895A-334D0374B873.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 59EEE69F-14AC-445F-AC98-0413C7C8B18F.jpeg
    59EEE69F-14AC-445F-AC98-0413C7C8B18F.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 111
  • F17BE057-0B22-4D16-86B1-F264E8F7FC9F.jpeg
    F17BE057-0B22-4D16-86B1-F264E8F7FC9F.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 108

miggyramone

Reaction score
How would you guys describe the color of Wesco's Burlap leather? I've heard Giles from IH describe it as olive but it looks tan to me. Is this leather a oil tanned leather or?

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
@miggyramone As far as I'm aware it's a nubuck leather and isn't oil tanned, they have olive burlap as well as the standard tan burlap; I own a pair in the latter.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you give them the leather to do this? What was the full price overall? Reason I’m asking as to give me an idea if I were to give them Shinki leather to work with.
I did order the leather from Horween. I had to order double since I wanted two types of treatment to the bourbon shell cordovan. I don't remember the exact price but close to $2k with custom fit fee.

Last edited:

mrpoizun

Reaction score
How would you guys describe the color of Wesco's Burlap leather? I've heard Giles from IH describe it as olive but it looks tan to me. Is this leather a oil tanned leather or?
It's not even remotely olive. It's color is close to that of a burlap sack or desert tan. Wesco does not use nubuck
@miggyramone As far as I'm aware it's a nubuck leather and isn't oil tanned, they have olive burlap as well as the standard tan burlap; I own a pair in the latter.
Burlap is a burlap sack color, sort of a desert tan. It's a little thinner than the standard leather and is oil-tanned, as their website says. They don't offer any nubuck leathers, but you can get their leathers smooth or rough side out. The olive burlap is just an olive colored leather. Don't know why they call it burlap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads