• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Quack Attack

Could you kindly add a Warren option to the Wesco portion of your new website? I see you have the Johannes and the Hendrick already.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for Boss owners with the standard shaft: what is the narrowest jeans hem you can fit over your boots? Is 8” too narrow?

andy b.

Reaction score
Question for Boss owners with the standard shaft: what is the narrowest jeans hem you can fit over your boots? Is 8” too narrow?
For a size 10, 8" (meaning a 16" circumference) should work. 7-1/4" is really tight just trying to slide them over the shaft. It wouldn't be wearable.
I have no idea how much the size of the boot affects the size of the shaft.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Chris from Wesco told me they stopped using Brown Domain because they had enough brown leathers and wanted to bring in British Tan. Something along the lines of that. I am a big fan of Brown Domain.

theuglylover

Reaction score
How is Wesco's stock brown oil tan? I'm thinking it's more similar to the brown leather on an Iron Ranger?

miggyramone

Reaction score
I only have samples but I like Wesco's brown oil tan leather. It's a lot softer and flexible than White's brown smooth oil tan leather. My only real complaint is Wesco's brown oil tan is pretty matte. I know oil tan leather isn't dress shoe shiny but usually there is a little sheen to it. Outside of that, it feels great in hand.

mlwdp

Reaction score
Basically, I went for a combination of 3 Boss models I wanted but unable to obtain: Wesco Boss Lynch Silversmith 2nd model, Wesco Boss 100th anniversary HorsehideJapan Exclusive, and Ken Igari’s crazy double midsole model minus the double midsole.

+Single-Tone:Black Horsehide
+9" Height
+Raptor Black
+Dye Soles and Heels Black
+One Top Strap (standard)
+Standard Length
+Nickel Ox Roller Top Buckles
+Buckled Instep Straps
+Standard Length Instep Strap
+Nickel Ox Roller Instep Buckles
+Lightweight Black Vintage Upper Stitching
+Black Outsole Stitching
+Random Leather Insert

Last edited:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Posting this here in the off-chance that someone is like me: wanting to see how the Hendrik looks in navy but unable to find any pictures of them. Emailed Chris at Wesco for a picture and he found one for me. Definitely a grail boot for me though I'd probably get it with white stitching.

Wesco Hendrik Navy.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads