• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wesco Boots!

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of custom Hendriks in navy. Want to go for a contrasted look so I asked for sterling/white thread and nickel eyelets but now I'm wondering if the eyelets are going to be a bit too much. How do you pull off contrast so that the boots really pop?

mlwdp

Reaction score
I bought another Wesco, this time Romeo. I call it the “Un-Roller”. Basically the Roller Mag collab without the Roller stamp on the navy leather insert. Will receive in August. My other Horsehide boss boot order comes in July.

The Romeo price wasn’t too bad either.

CUSTOM FIT ROMEO
STYLE BURGLE100LLRaptMaltTC (Size: Form On File)
+Single-Tone:Burgundy Domain
+Round Toe
+Burlap Leather Lining
+Raptor Malt
+Do Not Ink Soles and Heels
+Lightweight Brown Upper Stitching
+White Outsole Stitching
+Black Elastic Goring
+Toe Caps
+Navy Leather Insert

Attachments

miggyramone

Reaction score
How would you guys describe the color of Wesco's Burlap leather? I've heard Giles from IH describe it as olive but it looks tan to me. Is this leather a oil tanned leather or?

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
@miggyramone As far as I'm aware it's a nubuck leather and isn't oil tanned, they have olive burlap as well as the standard tan burlap; I own a pair in the latter.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Did you give them the leather to do this? What was the full price overall? Reason I’m asking as to give me an idea if I were to give them Shinki leather to work with.
I did order the leather from Horween. I had to order double since I wanted two types of treatment to the bourbon shell cordovan. I don't remember the exact price but close to $2k with custom fit fee.

Last edited:

mrpoizun

Reaction score
How would you guys describe the color of Wesco's Burlap leather? I've heard Giles from IH describe it as olive but it looks tan to me. Is this leather a oil tanned leather or?
It's not even remotely olive. It's color is close to that of a burlap sack or desert tan. Wesco does not use nubuck
@miggyramone As far as I'm aware it's a nubuck leather and isn't oil tanned, they have olive burlap as well as the standard tan burlap; I own a pair in the latter.
Burlap is a burlap sack color, sort of a desert tan. It's a little thinner than the standard leather and is oil-tanned, as their website says. They don't offer any nubuck leathers, but you can get their leathers smooth or rough side out. The olive burlap is just an olive colored leather. Don't know why they call it burlap.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.