• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

were my expectations of customer service unreasonable?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tsintaosaurus
lol my friend was all telling me yesterday: "yeah, Tsintaosaurus, you should definitely go to sears! they're cheap and they have a life time warranty. i even had my tires punctured by a nail and they replaced my tire free of charge!"
bored.gif

yeah... I did that once when I just had gotten married...Then I found out after waiting a whole day for them to look at me that the lifetime replacement takes into consideration the prorating of the tires life based on mileage driven since the original installation so if the expected life of the tire is 30K miles and you used it for 15K they only give you back half the value of the tire. Wasnt worth a whole day of my life. Even back than.

riveroaks

Reaction score
lol what a thread

i'm going to print this thread out so i can wipe ****** with it

don't get a paper cut

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm going to print this thread out so i can wipe ****** with it

A late entry for quote of the year... up there with "I want to fly a plane into this thread"

Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my favorite line in this thread

"this is sears and i expect sears quality customer service"

911...someone call the whaaaaa-mbulance
musicboohoo[1].gif

It sounds like he got Sears-quality customer service.

UMass

Reaction score
It's Sears, just move on. Sears is no Lexus. What kind of car do you have?

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol my friend was all telling me yesterday:

"yeah, Tsintaosaurus, you should definitely go to sears! they're cheap and they have a life time warranty. i even had my tires punctured by a nail and they replaced my tire free of charge!"

bored.gif

Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^ so your friends do in fact call you "Tsintaosaurus"? Now that is an interesting nick name.

\t
rolleyes.gif
lol

I'd write Sears Corporate a complaint letter.

Maybe they'll throw in a free oil change so you can drop your car off at 7:59PM and they "forget" to put the drain plug back in.

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
Get Smart/SoCal2NYC are obviously easily immasculated as they need to take their diatribes to a personal level on (sic) this thread (in addition to some small boring dibs in other threads like the "oreo, banana" thread), all because their lil pussies still hurt from the online shopping wahhbulance and SW&D waywt threads. Get a life.
musicboohoo[1].gif

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I am new on this thread, I will weigh in with the obvious:

If you knew you were leaving the next day (I assume this was not a sudden emergency), why did you wait until the day before (actually the evening) to go get new tires?

Sears is ok for service, but as has been pointed out, these guys are on the clock, so why force them to work late b/c you waited? It is not like you were a single mom with 3 kids whose car broked down on the side of the road in the middle of a cross-country move such that the workers should take pity on you. If I have a road trip planned, I make a to-do list ahead of time and make sure priority items (like tires) are resolved well in advance. After all, if you had your tires replaced a week before, would you have worn them out by the end of the week?

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
If you knew you were leaving the next day (I assume this was not a sudden emergency), why did you wait until the day before (actually the evening) to go get new tires?

Sears is ok for service, but as has been pointed out, these guys are on the clock, so why force them to work late b/c you waited? It is not like you were a single mom with 3 kids whose car broke down on the side of the road in the middle of a cross-country move such that the workers should take pity on you. If I have a road trip planned, I make a to-do list ahead of time and make sure priority items (like tires) are resolved well in advance. After all, if you had your tires replaced a week before, would you have worn them out by the end of the week?

He didn't really state how or when he got the flat tires, nor did I see him state he was going on a road trip. He very well could've had to go to WORK the next day. If my tire goes flat after work on Thursday and I need to be at work on Friday, my options are: Take my car in late and deal with the lazy workers complaining, call in "sick" or catch a ride with a friend. (Since as far as I know [feel free to quote him and prove me wrong] he didn't state he was going on a road trip, the bolded portions of your statement are just wasting forum space, but i've taken the time to refute them anyways.)

He also stated he was there BEFORE 8:00 and they just wanted to close up shop to be out the door by 8. That's ridiculous. I've worked numerous jobs where we closed at a certain time and NOBODY was EVER off the clock at that time because there's always cleanup and **** to take care of, not to mention that changing a tire takes a whopping what, 5 ******* minutes if you don't *****, moan, and damage vehicles.

Workers don't actually want to work. They want to sit on their asses for their entire shift and go home to enjoy the paycheck they don't deserve because they didn't actually do any work.

However, none if this changes the fact that Tsintao is still an asshole in general, and karma's a *****.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
A late entry for quote of the year... up there with "I want to fly a plane into this thread"

I found it quite good as well. Changing a tire only takes like 15 minutes too, it isn't like they were going to be there for hours and hours.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Changing a tire only takes like 15 minutes too, it isn't like they were going to be there for hours and hours.
I take it you've never been to Sears auto for work. Everything takes hours and hours. I believe it's written into the sales contract.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics