• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weightloss Tips

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Drink a ton of water before they weigh you the first time. Dont consume anything before they weigh you the second time.
Eat a bunch of salty foods, carbs, and hydrate well for the first weigh-in. For the second weigh-in, lose as much weight as you can honestly, then ~10 days out, go hardcore low-carb. A day out, do a bodybuilder/fighter style dehydration routine. At 210-220 lbs, you can wipe out 2-3 lbs of glycogen and ~10 pounds of water pretty easy (especially compared the your bloated initial weight). You could win without actually losing any fat.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
cocaine.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Obviously eat much less and exercise more, so I'll give you a non-obvious tip: drink a strong shot (or two, given your mass) of 80+ proof liquor (whisky, tequila) about 3 hours in advance, and don't drink or eat anything else.

Alcohol is a natural diuretic, inhibiting the kidneys from resorbing water before urine goes to the bladder. This will cause you to lose more water weight prior to the weigh in, in far excess to the caloric or mass gain from the liquor.

Another tip (in case alcohol is a no-go): avoid all salt for 12 hours prior. Additional salt increases the osmotic concentration of your extracellular fluid, causing you to absorb more water from food and drink to compensate. This can result in added water weight.

Oski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
cocaine.

lol8[1].gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The spambots love this thread
eh.gif

Eat a small whole wheat bagel + 1 Tbsp of peanut butter instead of an egg (185 calories saved).
I know this guy is a spambot, but this is hilarious. A whole egg is only ~75 calories, so the idea that eating a bagel with peanut butter is somehow lower cal (by 185 calories no less!) is obviously absurd.

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
The spambots love this thread
eh.gif

I know this guy is a spambot, but this is hilarious. A whole egg is only ~75 calories, so the idea that eating a bagel with peanut butter is somehow lower cal (by 185 calories no less!) is obviously absurd.

I do know that bagels are horrible for you.

Thanks for everyone's help. Starting slow, but it's started. I'll let you know how it goes.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kermitkebab
The trouble with rapid fat loss is that it takes a wicked toll on the body. And the psyche. And it never lasts.

Trying to get below 15% is hard. No way around it. And RFL is a particularly effective way to do it. Hard? Absolutely. Does it work? Without a doubt.

And it will last. As long as you don't go back to your piggish ways after you are done.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kermitkebab
All this is really good, except for removing the egg. A little protein keeps the blood sugar normalized. That much cholesterol won't hurt you at all. I know, I've been a cardiac patient all my life long. Eggs are good food. In moderation. And don't fry them. Especially in butter.
smile.gif

Current evidence is that dietary cholesterol has a pretty minimal effect on people who don't already have issues. Funny that way.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calorie cycle, your body will freak out and you will lose weight

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Food. Stop the eating of it.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Drink a ton of water before they weigh you the first time.
Dont consume anything before they weigh you the second time.

Hope you did this...

Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
If you don't mind violating the spirit of the contest a bit, you might want to consider doing what fighters do to make weight. I don't read bb.com, but go to this link and scroll down about 2/3rds of the way and read the section entitled "Water." The summary is that you drink a shitload of water for a while and piss like a horse. About 24 hours before your weigh-in, cut out water significantly. It will be a while before your body will realize this - you will continue to pee and drop weight. Pretty standard method for boxers/MMA guys to make weight prior to a fight.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mma_...&CJPID=4131337

You can drop about 10lbs with this trick if done right

Originally Posted by GSquared
Thanks for the tips. We will see how everything goes. I'm pretty much just going to eat crazy well and run. We will see how that works.

Fail - Lots of water very low carbs, very low calories and you can do 15lbs no problem. Eating well and running won't do it.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
no question, i would say to cut out carbs.

you cut carbs, you can lose 15 easy.

+1000

Originally Posted by Hartmann
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads